Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters


Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
shawnr1
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: TUCSON
Default Walkera V450D03 tx settings

Need some help with tx settings for DEVO-10. So far, I'm happy with the factory settings. It starts to spin up at 0% throttle. I would like to fix this, but not sure what settings is best. I want to start with beginner settings. Any advice?
shawnr1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
shawnr1
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: TUCSON
Default

Anybody?
shawnr1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
shawnr1
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: TUCSON
Default

My throttle curve value for normal normal throttle:

PL = 0.0%

P1 = INH

P2 - INH

PM = 50%

P3 = INH

P4 = INH

PH = 100.0%
shawnr1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
CX2Pilot
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Default

I sent shawnr1 a PM and said to make sure the throttle trim was all the way down
and to check that the throttle curve value was set to "0" on PL.

Shawn, also check the throttle sub trim and make sure it is set to "0".
And check that the left and right trim switches next to "Gear" and Mix" are centered.
Click them "+" and "-" and listen to the beeps. You will hear a high beep when you reach center
position.

I would also do a Stick Calibration which is in the Main Menu - System Menu.
Your throttle stick may be off Calibration.

Other than what I have posted I can't see any Tx setting that would cause it to start to spin up at 0% throttle.
There is a throttle bug in the firmware for the V120D02SV2 that would not allow the blades
to stop spinning after hitting throttle hold. This bug has been fixed in a new firmware release.
Your heli may have a throttle bug also.
I just checked with Walkera and there is no firmware update for the V450D03.
I would see if anyone who has the V450D03 has the same problem you are having also.
If so let me know and I will inform Walkera about this.


Tom
CX2Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
vronny
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: los angeles, ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Pilot View Post
I sent shawnr1 a PM and said to make sure the throttle trim was all the way down
and to check that the throttle curve value was set to "0" on PL.

Shawn, also check the throttle sub trim and make sure it is set to "0".
And check that the left and right trim switches next to "Gear" and Mix" are centered.
Click them "+" and "-" and listen to the beeps. You will hear a high beep when you reach center
position.

I would also do a Stick Calibration which is in the Main Menu - System Menu.
Your throttle stick may be off Calibration.

Other than what I have posted I can't see any Tx setting that would cause it to start to spin up at 0% throttle.
There is a throttle bug in the firmware for the V120D02SV2 that would not allow the blades
to stop spinning after hitting throttle hold. This bug has been fixed in a new firmware release.
Your heli may have a throttle bug also.
I just checked with Walkera and there is no firmware update for the V450D03.
I would see if anyone who has the V450D03 has the same problem you are having also.
If so let me know and I will inform Walkera about this.


Tom
My V450D03 would spin when spooling down at zero throttle but changed my settings so no more problems.
vronny is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
shawnr1
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: TUCSON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
My V450D03 would spin when spooling down at zero throttle but changed my settings so no more problems.
Mind posting what you change your settings to?
shawnr1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
vronny
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: los angeles, ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnr1 View Post
Mind posting what you change your settings to?
Whats wrong with your stock setting mine not beginner settings. Really they work better for my style of flying. I use alot of neg expo on tail rudd. p.s. I have a Devo8S tx.
vronny is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
shawnr1
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: TUCSON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Whats wrong with your stock settings.
It spins up at 0% throttle and with throttle hold. Have you experience this with yours?
shawnr1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #9
vronny
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: los angeles, ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnr1 View Post
It spins up at 0% throttle and with throttle hold. Have you experience this with yours?
Not at startup did you setup throttle hold? It needs to activate for that heli. All the trim set to zero on tx, Once I started up to fly it would keep spinning when I would come back to land from flying.
vronny is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
CX2Pilot
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Default

Throttle hold on the Devo 10.

Throttle Hold - Hold Status- Active
Hold Position = 0.0 %

You can also try Hold Position = -15% if the blades still spin.


Tom
CX2Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #11
jakozzz
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NYC
Default

I just found this... Hope it helps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Got mine from ehirobo, it arrived two days ago, but just got to hover it tonight in the lunch room at the office. I use deViation firmware on my 8s and it took all of 2 minutes to get the basic settings in and hovering. 100% everything, no expo, no d/r, straight throttle. All I did was set the pitch curve to -15%,0,+70%, set the throttle hold switch, set gyro to 60%

Lifted off very nicely after it go up to speed. But it went through a big vibe to get there. And did the same after landing. really got the shakes for a fraction of a second as it was spinning down. (At about 500 rpm). I would think that is the blades out of balance? But at normal head speed its vibe free and very stable. Can't wait for a clear day...!!!!

This will be fun, pretty inexpensive to buy.... happy camper
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
shawnr1
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: TUCSON
Default

Thanks for all the replies. I love this heli. Had a chance to take it outside today and hover it for a minute. It is very stable. The -15% hold position worked. However, it still spins at 0% throttle, which I can let go for now.

If anyone else come up with some more info on this heli please post.

Thx!
shawnr1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #13
jakozzz
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NYC
Default

THis is how you do the big helis... Might work for this model...

Go into the Travel Adjustment menu and set high and low to 25%

Remove blades.....
Plug in heli...
Throttle stick all the way in up position....
Set high travel adjustment until it beeps and then go a couple of more (might go over 100%)...
Throttle stick all the way down...
Set low travel adjustment until it beeps and then go a couple of more (might go over 100%)......
Unplug heli
Turn off transmitter
Plug in heli
Turn on TX with throttle in lowest position

Try this and let me know....
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #14
jakozzz
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NYC
Default

Another thing to try is select a new model and start from scratch (DO NOT copy old settings) and program according to manual... Here is the link....

http://walkera.com/cn/upload/explain/V450D03_expe.pdf
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #15
Blackhawk Crew
Registered Users
 
Posts: 412
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakozzz View Post
Another thing to try is select a new model and start from scratch (DO NOT copy old settings) and program according to manual... Here is the link....

http://walkera.com/cn/upload/explain/V450D03_expe.pdf
That link doesn't work for the manual. Anyone else have a link to the PDF format of the manual?
Blackhawk Crew is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
shawnr1
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: TUCSON
Default

Try this link: http://www.devention.com:82/cn/uploa...50D03_expe.pdf
shawnr1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #17
Blackhawk Crew
Registered Users
 
Posts: 412
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast
Default

Negative...that doesn't work either.
Blackhawk Crew is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
Ghostrydyr
Registered Users
 
Posts: 201
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: EAST COAST
Default

sounds like the esc needs to be recalibrated to know where throttle 0, you probably did a bind while the throttle was a hair up and now it thinks thats 0 throttle.
Ghostrydyr is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #19
rcfascination
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Default

I also have the DEVO-10 and the main blade still spin at 0 throttle.
Has anybody come up with any other ideas?


Oh by the way first time posting on this forum
rcfascination is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #20
vronny
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: los angeles, ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfascination View Post
I also have the DEVO-10 and the main blade still spin at 0 throttle.
Has anybody come up with any other ideas?


Oh by the way first time posting on this forum
In TH try - number like -10
vronny is online now        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters


Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com