START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

Old 02-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
cbooker
Registered Users

Default Problem with new heli-max axe 100 cp

I was flying my axe when all of a sudden the engine lost power and the heli changed direction and then the motor regained power. Any clue as to what the problem is
cbooker is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
DeadTom
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like it lost the connection from your tx to the rx.
What radio are you using? And were the batteries charged up in both the tx and the heli?
DeadTom is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
cbooker
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

it was the factory radio that came with it and the batteries are brand new
cbooker is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
DeadTom
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry I have not dealings with the stock radio as I use my Spektrum DX7. But I have heard from the LHS owner who flies the stock radio that he out flies the radio and it will not keep up with him. So, maybe you are out flying the stock radio as he suggested?
Only thing I would try is to rebind the heli to the radio and with a fresh charged battery in the heli do some hovering and check it out.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
stevegross
Registered Users

Default Heli-Max Axe 100 CP loses power

Yes, Yes, Yes, crashed twice. Because It really does lose power and sometimes regains, sometimes not. I am also using the TX that came with it, TX610. I am switching over to my DX8. One thing about this heli, I rebuilt most of it in about 20 minutes and it was back in the air.
stevegross is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
aceisback
Registered Users

I was just getting ready to create a new thread about this issue.

This sounds like the issue we are having with a CP100 flybarless that a buddy of mine has. We are using a Futaba 10C with an Anylink module.

The issue is getting progressively worse. It doesn't lose power when hovering usually, it is when it is in actual flight, it just all of a sudden stops, and falls to the ground. Was able to get power restarted one time when it was up high though.

The owner runs a small hobby shop and is going to contact Hobbico about it in the next day or so, so I will relay what I find out.

I was going to have him order me one, but if it having this issue, I don't want one. They are nice flying helis when they don't have power cutoff.
aceisback is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
DeadTom
Registered Users

My HF Map location

These two cases are the only ones I have heard of and I visit alot of other forums regarding this little heli.
Please do keep us posted as to what your LHS finds out. The OP of this thread is using the stock radio and you are using a Futaba, not that should make any difference.
Maybe a loose wire or battery connector not fully inserted?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #8
aceisback
Registered Users

I do hope it is simple, because I really do like how well it performs when it is working. As soon as I hear something from Hobbico, I will let everyone know.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
ricoalonso
Registered Users

I remembered having this issue before with my Axe 100 CP. I would be hovering and all of a sudden it will just drop dead to the ground. All the time, I thought it was loss of signal from my Tactic AnyLink (I am using Futaba T8FG for my Tx) and I keep repositioning the antenna. It does not happen so often so I never mind. Then, after Hobbico sent me a replacement board to fix another issue, all those sudden loss of power also disappeared... I just thought of it now.
ricoalonso is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
aceisback
Registered Users

Hobbico is sending a new board for the heli. They think the board has been damaged during an earlier mishap, so hopefully that is the problem.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #11
stevegross
Registered Users

Default Axe CP 100

I own 6 of them. I use the factory 610TX and a DX8. With Both TX, all my Axe CP 100 loose power. Hover is fine. Forward flight, idle up, motor fails (stops) sometimes restarts sometimes not.

Have no clue what's wrong. So I came here or on line hoping someone could help me
Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #12
DeadTom
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If all 6 of your Axe CP 100's do this very bad thing I would contact HeliMax support and let them know what you are experiencing. I have been lucky I guess as I have had not one problem with my single CP 100.
Good luck
Old 04-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #13
kcgraves
Registered Users

Might not be related but:

I had a Walkera 4g3 (same as Helimax Novus 100 CP) and had similar issues with it. Spent a lot of time reading Walkera threads and most people blamed the battery connector, same one as on the Axe, and switched theirs to Deans micro connectors. I did that with mine and the problem never came back. I will eventually be doing that to my two AXE 100s.

Last edited by kcgraves; 04-06-2013 at 05:54 AM..
kcgraves is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
stevegross
Registered Users

Default Heli-Max Axe CP 100 BUyers beware

Buyers beware. I purchased 6 of these, both RTF and BNF. There is a serious problem with this heli. Others have also realized this same issue as I read on-line.

For the first 30 seconds, it is a pleasure to fly but, within 30-60 seconds, the motor losses power for no reason. The heli motor (s) shut down. The heli will regain motor connection but, it's usually too late by that time. Whether SLT or the RTF TX, the issue is consistent. Hobbico ignores or, says they can not find the issue yet, I read on line that others have this same issue and although others on line have reported this issue, hobbico says there is no issue so, will do nothing to help resolve (other than continue to sell the parts to fix them, (until the next flight when they will crash again, that is).

The motor simply losses power 30-60 seconds in to the flight.

I purchased 6. I know foolish. As of now, four (4) have failed so I shipped them all (six) back to Hobbico. Hobbico has done nothing to help. They seem to focus more on repair cost for the ones that have crashed and I didn't rebuild perfectly. Taking advantage of the public, concealing this issue to the buying public is not right. This is a horrible manor of doing business.

This heli has issues. Not just one of mine, four (4) of mine do. (Two had never been flown at the time I shipped them back because I was fearful of motor failures and subsequently, crashing them, also.).

I am hopeful that others would others chime in on this, please.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #15
DeadTom
Registered Users

My HF Map location

See post #12 above, call and/or email support and they should be able to help. It sounds like you all got a bad batch.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
txkflier
Registered Users

Default Axe 100 CP troubles..

I bought a Heli-Max Axe 100 CP Tx-T two weeks ago. I'm using a Spektrum DX-7 with a Tactic Tx module. I've tried the settings they show for the DX-6i and I've copied and edited the settings I use for my Blade mCPX. Every time I try to fly it, it'll lift off and I can hover it for maybe a minute. Then the motor bogs down and it settles back to earth. I've tried increasing the full throttle endpoint to 150% and I've decreased the pitch travel down to 50%. I tried calling Heli-Max and they didn't answer. I e-mailed Heli-Max support. Four days later, they replied and said they were sending me a control board. A few days later, it arrived and I installed it. It didn't fix it. I e-mailed them again a couple of days ago and haven't heard from them. If it isn't the motor, I don't know what else it could be. I have a 1SQ that flies great with the same DX-7 and Tactic Tx module. The batteries that came with the Axe 100 CP will fly my 1SQ for 4-5 minutes. I wish I had read your post before I ordered this Axe 100 CP. I like the way it's built, but it has major ESC/motor issues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegross View Post
Buyers beware. I purchased 6 of these, both RTF and BNF. There is a serious problem with this heli. Others have also realized this same issue as I read on-line.

For the first 30 seconds, it is a pleasure to fly but, within 30-60 seconds, the motor losses power for no reason. The heli motor (s) shut down. The heli will regain motor connection but, it's usually too late by that time. Whether SLT or the RTF TX, the issue is consistent. Hobbico ignores or, says they can not find the issue yet, I read on line that others have this same issue and although others on line have reported this issue, hobbico says there is no issue so, will do nothing to help resolve (other than continue to sell the parts to fix them, (until the next flight when they will crash again, that is).

The motor simply losses power 30-60 seconds in to the flight.

I purchased 6. I know foolish. As of now, four (4) have failed so I shipped them all (six) back to Hobbico. Hobbico has done nothing to help. They seem to focus more on repair cost for the ones that have crashed and I didn't rebuild perfectly. Taking advantage of the public, concealing this issue to the buying public is not right. This is a horrible manor of doing business.

This heli has issues. Not just one of mine, four (4) of mine do. (Two had never been flown at the time I shipped them back because I was fearful of motor failures and subsequently, crashing them, also.).

I am hopeful that others would others chime in on this, please.
txkflier is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #17
aceisback
Registered Users

We are still troubleshooting this issue.
We found that soldering a longer antenna wire to the board helps. When I went to do that to mine, my antenna wire was actually broken at the circuit board and was only held in place by the black glue. Replace the wire with a longer one, and so far no issues (yet!)
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #18
MrRoboHeli
Registered Users

Hi everyone, I just posted this over at RCGroups but now that I've found people talking about it over here, I'm going to do a quick re-post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=197

Quote:
I finally took my axe 100cp outside today for the first time. It flew very well! It seems to be somewhere between my nano and mcpx in performance. I tried flipping it a few times but need to work on my timing as the response feels different from my other helis.

I did have one odd failure. On my first flight I was about 20 feet over my head and suddenly the motor shut down and the heli crashed onto the grass. No damage fortunately. When I picked it up the servos responded fine and it spooled up again and I flew the rest of the pack with no problems. My other two packs flew just fine with no problems.

Anybody else see that? I was flying using the AnyLink. I think that maybe it could have been because I was pointing the antenna at the heli on how the Anylink was mounted? However I was able to fly it much further away and back with no problems either.
I've got 25 indoor flights with this heli and the AnyLink. I've NEVER experienced this before with this heli. All 4 minute flights. All fine. I had the antenna on the AnyLink pressed flat against the back of my transmitter and at the time of the failure, I think the antenna was pointed straight at the heli--which as we all know is the point of weakest signal.

I'm going under the assumption that it's a signal drop-out issue rather than an issue with the helicopter. Maybe the RX antenna on the Axe 100CP is suspect?

Any other theories?

I've emailed Hobbico about it at their email address: helihotline@hobbico.com
MrRoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #19
MrRoboHeli
Registered Users

Here's a follow-up.

Hobbico tech support suggested that the problem was a signal brownout. Since I had that one failure, I've been extending the AnyLink antenna out and away from the body of the transmitter. I've had 7-8 perfectly good flights since then and even started doing some flips and rolls with the Axe 100CP. No problems thus far.

So for those of you who are encountering shutdown problems, maybe it's not the heli but the transmitter you're using instead. The fellow above who had problems with 6 helis...did you try a different transmitter? Maybe all of your helis were just fine but there was a problem with your antenna on your transmitter?
MrRoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
just maybe
Registered Users

Default 100 engine axe cut out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
I remembered having this issue before with my Axe 100 CP. I would be hovering and all of a sudden it will just drop dead to the ground. All the time, I thought it was loss of signal from my Tactic AnyLink (I am using Futaba T8FG for my Tx) and I keep repositioning the antenna. It does not happen so often so I never mind. Then, after Hobbico sent me a replacement board to fix another issue, all those sudden loss of power also disappeared... I just thought of it now.
when they come out with the quad 1sq they had severl board problems I ended up with 3 out of 4 it would just lose power hit the ground. I know they replaced alot of them seems like it could be more than just a attena problem, hope its fixed I just ordered one last week
just maybe is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support