Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
Solmanbandit
Registered Users

If you want a better motor for cheap. I have 2 Align 450M 3500KV motors that I don't need anymore. Use these with a 13 or 14T pinion and it will have decent power.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #22
FuntanaS
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer13 View Post
My Tarot 450 pro fbl V2 HELI is about 95 % complete on the build. Finally figured out the wiring and set up of the electronics (thx Funtana). Really thanks to all of you guys for all the info. It was a big help. I hope i get to pass some this on to other newbie's one day.
I did a short test spool up and within 5 seconds the Tarot 40A ESC "BURNED UP" !!!!!
During the test spool up the Tarot ESC got very hot and went into auto shut off. After letting it cool down i tried to do another spool up test but when i plugged the battery in the ESC would do nothing. So i swapped it out and installed the Detrum 40A ESC, went through the set up and bam!!! it works great. After this experience i do not trust either the Tarot or the Detrum ESC. I ordered the YEP 45A ESC, programming card and a Turnigy HeliDrive SK3 Competition Series - 2839-3600kv motor from HobbyKing.com. I also ordered the orange swash plate, orange tail thrust and a few other items from Dave at Tarot-rc-heli.com I am waiting on for Dave to get the orange Tarot FBL DFC head in, at the time i made my order he was out of stock (these must be flying off the shelf).
Here is my setup so for:

ZYX Gyro (no updated firmware)
Devo RX1202 receiver
Devo 12S transmitter
Detrum 3800kv motor w/14T pinion (ordered the Turnigy HeliDrive SK3 Competition Series - 2839-3600kv) (still have the new Tarot 3500kv also??)
Henge MD933 digital swash servo's
Henge MD922 digital tail servo (bought from Dave)
Detrum 40A ESC (upgrading to YEP 45A ESC)
NO MAIDEN FLIGHT YET I STILL HAVE SOME PROGRAMMING TO DO ON THE GYRO AND WAITING FOR THE NEW UPGRADED PARTS I ORDERED......

Do any of you guys have good reports on the Turnigy HeliDrive SK3 Competition Series - 2839-3600kv motor?
Good to hear you got it setup. At least the ESC didn't cause a crash. You will like the YEP ESC. It's very nice.

There is a video showing the setup of the YEP 45 in the build thread link in my previous post. Very helpful.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #23
slammer13
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Funtana....yep glad i did crash the heli with that esc. but the detrum esc i am using until the yep 45 comes in really surprised me. doing well with test spool ups. Easy to program and has a 20 second safety feature built in when powering up...
slammer13 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.