Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gaui Mini v-bar settings

Hi guys! I need some help with the Gaui mini v-bar on my NX4:

- I'm very used to the microbeast "feel" in flight on two aligns, a 450 Pro and a 550... and my NX4 feels less "precise" but at the same time I want a faster cyclic, with higher flip/roll rates...

- my settings today, on the standard (gaui version of express) software: Style - Vivid, Cyclic gain 80, D/R on futaba 8 FG @100%, kind of normal response... with D/R @ 110% a better response. Headspeed about 2500.

I'll try tomorrow the Medium Style and maybe 90 on cyclic gain... also I want to try a higher headspeed... faster and preciser is what I want...

Thanks in advance!
orozco-contreras is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Style of precise makes the heli follow the sticks more exactly. Think of doing a stir of the sticks in a circle. If you don't make a perfect circle the heli won't either. It's more of a robotic feeling. Style of vivid rounds off the corners, so to speak, so that if you stirred a hexagon, it makes it look more like a circle in the air. It allows you to be less exact with the sticks and have the machine fly smoother. I prefer a style of 65.

With the basic VBar software, you use the end points to increase flip and roll. I would highly suggest upgrading to the VBar Pro software because you'll have a lot more parameters and can really tune the feel to your liking. Paddle Sim, is one feature that really makes the cyclic crisp! If I remember correct, my main gain is about 65-70.

Things to consider to make the NX4 crisp. First off headspeed. I run about 2600-2650 headspeed and have your motor tuned well. Blades are a big factor in how the machine feels. You want fast, try some flybar blades. Servos also make a big difference, Savox are great. Run the red dampeners.

Another thing to consider is to make sure the VBar is free of vibes (as much as possible), by using the metal plate and also making sure the wires are dampened by some slack or other means.

In my opinion the VBar is far more precise than the BX. The BX has a loose feel to me, in every model I've flown it on, so it may be hard to get the VBar to fly like that. I think a big part of your solution is using the pro software for the VBar, where virtually every parameter is tunable, and very easy to set and forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orozco-contreras View Post
Hi guys! I need some help with the Gaui mini v-bar on my NX4:

- I'm very used to the microbeast "feel" in flight on two aligns, a 450 Pro and a 550... and my NX4 feels less "precise" but at the same time I want a faster cyclic, with higher flip/roll rates...

- my settings today, on the standard (gaui version of express) software: Style - Vivid, Cyclic gain 80, D/R on futaba 8 FG @100%, kind of normal response... with D/R @ 110% a better response. Headspeed about 2500.

I'll try tomorrow the Medium Style and maybe 90 on cyclic gain... also I want to try a higher headspeed... faster and preciser is what I want...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Matt Nasca; 03-19-2013 at 03:59 PM..
Matt Nasca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Gaui Mini v-bar settings

Thanks a lot by answering, Matt! Very very clear...

I did two short flights sunday morning trying different settings: Medium style, gain on 85. Way better: precise bur really responsive...very locked and with a direct and controlled feel at the stick! but it was SO windy that i din't made any flips or rolls... I'll give it a try as soon as the rain stops!

About the upgrade to Pro software, I have mixed feelings: at 100 bucks, looks pretty expensive for me.... I really think Mikado's policy on Express/Pro software is a nonsense. Every other company brings you the whole package at the moment you buy the system... no upgrades, no more money. And yet, the "Pro Parameters" on 5.3's Expert are far from being "very very in-depth". I'm not a V-bar fan, of course... as a beginner, I'm trying different systems on my helis:
- mibrobeast on Align's 450 Pro and 550DFC;
- CGY750 on 700Nitro/OS105HZ-R;
- mini v on NX4;
- two SK540s for my Goblins, 500 and 630.

By the way, the MBX on my 550 DFC fly very very well: very very stable and precise, pretty linear and pretty fast...

About the other items, I'm now running about 2680 on Idle 2... but still untested due to the wind and rain...

I'll probably try FB blades too! I'm flying FBL Edges now but I want to fell the agility with the flybar ones... let's see!

Well, thanks a lot again, Matt... : you really "enlightened" the style thing for me, and hopefully for the other guys here.
Great support, for sure!

Cheers from Brazil
Old 03-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You are very welcome, I'm glad to help!

Regarding the GAUI VBar, a Blueline MiniVbar is $299 and an additional $40 for the pro software. Basically in the GAUI kit you're getting the MiniVBar for cheap. If you upgrade it, it is exact same cost as if you bought a Blueline MiniVbar and upgraded it to Pro. I think if Mikado added the extra $40 to the price and included pro, people would also say it's too expensive. For me, it is worth the extra to have a perfect performing machine, that I never have to worry about. It always works, every time, no issues and it's easy to use.

Ultimately, it's a matter of what you get used to. Be careful though, if you fly a well tuned VBar it could get expensive quickly! I have 6 VBars on pro. Believe me, I wish I liked the performance of a less expensive unit.

The EDGE FB blades are really quick on the NX4! I have parameters you don't because of the Pro software but I run my Agility slider at 110, over drive the cyclic to 9 deg and have paddle sim of 30; it's quite snappy!

Quote:
Thanks a lot by answering, Matt! Very very clear...

I did two short flights sunday morning trying different settings: Medium style, gain on 85. Way better: precise bur really responsive...very locked and with a direct and controlled feel at the stick! but it was SO windy that i din't made any flips or rolls... I'll give it a try as soon as the rain stops!

About the upgrade to Pro software, I have mixed feelings: at 100 bucks, looks pretty expensive for me.... I really think Mikado's policy on Express/Pro software is a nonsense. Every other company brings you the whole package at the moment you buy the system... no upgrades, no more money. And yet, the "Pro Parameters" on 5.3's Expert are far from being "very very in-depth". I'm not a V-bar fan, of course... as a beginner, I'm trying different systems on my helis:
- mibrobeast on Align's 450 Pro and 550DFC;
- CGY750 on 700Nitro/OS105HZ-R;
- mini v on NX4;
- two SK540s for my Goblins, 500 and 630.

By the way, the MBX on my 550 DFC fly very very well: very very stable and precise, pretty linear and pretty fast...

About the other items, I'm now running about 2680 on Idle 2... but still untested due to the wind and rain...

I'll probably try FB blades too! I'm flying FBL Edges now but I want to fell the agility with the flybar ones... let's see!

Well, thanks a lot again, Matt... : you really "enlightened" the style thing for me, and hopefully for the other guys here.
Great support, for sure!

Cheers from Brazil
Old 03-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default V-Bar Pro Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Nasca View Post
You are very welcome, I'm glad to help!

Regarding the GAUI VBar, a Blueline MiniVbar is $299 and an additional $40 for the pro software. Basically in the GAUI kit you're getting the MiniVBar for cheap. If you upgrade it, it is exact same cost as if you bought a Blueline MiniVbar and upgraded it to Pro. I think if Mikado added the extra $40 to the price and included pro, people would also say it's too expensive. For me, it is worth the extra to have a perfect performing machine, that I never have to worry about. It always works, every time, no issues and it's easy to use.

Ultimately, it's a matter of what you get used to. Be careful though, if you fly a well tuned VBar it could get expensive quickly! I have 6 VBars on pro. Believe me, I wish I liked the performance of a less expensive unit.

The EDGE FB blades are really quick on the NX4! I have parameters you don't because of the Pro software but I run my Agility slider at 110, over drive the cyclic to 9 deg and have paddle sim of 30; it's quite snappy!
Thanks again, Matt

My criticism to the pricing policy on Mikado is probably due to my lack of knowledge and my very "beginner" style of flight... But for 400 bucks, I'll give Angelo's VX1 a try... The Quark was totally amazing... and I feel the Vortex is in the same league... If someday I fly a lot and doing good 3D, I'll have a more "real" opinion about V-Bars...

About the Expert parameters, I was looking at this page:
http://www.mikado-heli.com.hk/e-vend...t=27&c=27&p=27

and the Expert page doesn't have some of the parameters you've mentioned. Your version has more... I'll give it a try!

About the "best FBL unit", I think there's no need to spend so much money on Mikado's products: I saw more than ten flights of Bobby Watts in Argentina last year: the X7/CGY750... and it was amazing... Kyle Stacy's flight on the Red G500 with fiberglass tail and CGY is nothing but amazing.... or even the Gaui team with a lot of Skookums and doing AWESOME flights are a great selling point.
I also watched CLOSELY (too close sometimes) Tareq's fights in Brazil last november... all his machines running MSH Brain... awesome precision and control... and Tareq takes the FBL to its limits!

To me, and I'm just a heli-fan trying to do a decent inverted flight, it's like choosing the "perfect heli"....

Back to the Pro upgrade, I'll try it to see how different it is! Thanks again and it's very impressive to see how much you're helping us all... it makes a BIG difference!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm admittedly a VBar fanboy and just seen so many struggle with other systems only to finally get a VBar and return to enjoying flying! Now that Spartan is in the mix and some others, there will be a lot of good competition in FBL units. I expect everyone up their game!

The expert pages you linked, show every feature I mentioned (Paddle Simulation in expert menu and Agility slider on main page) except one and that is the Cyclic menu, which is in the setup tabs. They say to set it for 8 deg, I set mine for 9 because it seems to make the cyclic a little more axial.

Thank you for the kind words. I got help in the hobby when I started and it made the whole experience much more fun and I was able to get past some obstacles easier. Just trying to repay all that and then some!

One thing always to note: The Pros, Bobby, JC, Kyle, Nick, etc, they can make virtually anything look great because they are awesome pilots!

I can not! I need all the help I can get and that's the difference between a lot of these units, is the extra stability and reduction in corrections necessary to make the model fly in a controlled manner.

Quote:
Thanks again, Matt

My criticism to the pricing policy on Mikado is probably due to my lack of knowledge and my very "beginner" style of flight... But for 400 bucks, I'll give Angelo's VX1 a try... The Quark was totally amazing... and I feel the Vortex is in the same league... If someday I fly a lot and doing good 3D, I'll have a more "real" opinion about V-Bars...

About the Expert parameters, I was looking at this page:
http://www.mikado-heli.com.hk/e-vend...t=27&c=27&p=27

and the Expert page doesn't have some of the parameters you've mentioned. Your version has more... I'll give it a try!

About the "best FBL unit", I think there's no need to spend so much money on Mikado's products: I saw more than ten flights of Bobby Watts in Argentina last year: the X7/CGY750... and it was amazing... Kyle Stacy's flight on the Red G500 with fiberglass tail and CGY is nothing but amazing.... or even the Gaui team with a lot of Skookums and doing AWESOME flights are a great selling point.
I also watched CLOSELY (too close sometimes) Tareq's fights in Brazil last november... all his machines running MSH Brain... awesome precision and control... and Tareq takes the FBL to its limits!

To me, and I'm just a heli-fan trying to do a decent inverted flight, it's like choosing the "perfect heli"....

Back to the Pro upgrade, I'll try it to see how different it is! Thanks again and it's very impressive to see how much you're helping us all... it makes a BIG difference!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in