Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 03-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
williey78
Registered Users

Default 3GX Governor and Futaba 8FG Help

Hey guys, can someone please explain to me the proper settings for the governor and my Futaba 8fg. I have a Trex 600 nitro and have done the throttle stick calibration with the 3 gx. When I go into my governor menu on my transmitter and have my percent value at less than 60%, I get a green light on the 3gx gov.LED. However, when I increase the value to 60% or above, I get a red light on the Gov LED. Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance
williey78 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
al_voisine
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by williey78 View Post
Hey guys, can someone please explain to me the proper settings for the governor and my Futaba 8fg. I have a Trex 600 nitro and have done the throttle stick calibration with the 3 gx. When I go into my governor menu on my transmitter and have my percent value at less than 60%, I get a green light on the 3gx gov.LED. However, when I increase the value to 60% or above, I get a red light on the Gov LED. Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance
I have the 14Sg, they're similar. You need to reverse the channel seven.
Youe then have several options. The simplest is to use percentages and set your headspeed in the software of the 3GX. You just have to input your gear ratio and dial it in.

On my 14Sg (I suspect the 8FG is similar) you can calibrate the Tx with the 3GX and get actual headspeed reading in the TX. Kinda nice to plug in the actual RPM you want and not have to guess or use a Tach.

AL
RealFlight 7
al_voisine is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
williey78
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. That makes perfect sense now about reversing. Unfortunately I am working out of town now so I don't have my big computer to load the software on so I am trying to set it up manually by using the percent values in the chart that was provided in the manual. As long as I can get it close for right now, that is fine for me. I just want to get the "feel" of the heli for now. Thanks again for your help!
williey78 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support