Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
PacketSpike
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default First Flight!

OMG!! today i had my first flight, hover for 1.5 mins and a second hover for 5 mins.

I had a good start, Zero degrees out today wind at 5mps - motor started like a charm.

I set the idle and let her hum for about 3 mins.

Then I started to ramp up the throttle and brought the engine to 50% throttle and 0% pitch
, at that point I let her loose and brought the stick up to (have no idea to where - my heart was pumping so hard!!!!!!) about 57% and she took off - hovered and held a steady hover for about 1.5 mins. I had to set her down because my hands were freezing (zero out remember) Then i warmed my hands up and went for another flight, I hovered for about 5 mins, did a few side to side movements and landed about 4 times. Then i checked to see if the kill toggle was working and she shut down like a charm!!! did my first AUTO!!!!

I would like to thank all that gave me advice and told me to use the SIM - SIM till you cant take it anymore and your family has to start taking action against you for not paying them any attention and you need help for game induced sleep disorders.

I Cant wait until the next near Zero day here in Canada, SIM till then and Hope I dont crash. (Secretly I want to crash so i can rebuild, with Bobs help and HeliFreaks it is sooo much fun!)

Till my next flight and when i remember to bring the camera - CIAO!

Packet
TReX 600 TReX 700 Flybarless TReX 450 TReX 700 TReX 450#2 TReX 250 TReX 100 Blade MCPx
All on one DX7
PacketSpike is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
p00rboi
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds good! Welcome to the club. Make sure you set up a throttle hold to pratice your autos and use your throttle cut to shut down the engine in-between refueling.
p00rboi is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
ChasHeliCop
HF Support

My HF Map location

You might try something like this for your transmitter. Transmitter glove. Don't know if they work, but looks good. Congrads on the hovering.

HELI-FREAK, You couldn't have picked a better place to land !
ChasHeliCop is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
lovespicyfood
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00rboi View Post
Sounds good! Welcome to the club. Make sure you set up a throttle hold to pratice your autos and use your throttle cut to shut down the engine in-between refueling.
I'm a nitro newb and building my first nitro, the 600N Pro. I understand "throttle hold" in electrics as the upper right hand switch that is activated in a crash to shut down the motor. In a nitro, I'm assuming this "throttle hold" will bring it to idle.

Now for the "newb" question, what is a "throttle cut?" I was assuming that the sequence after landing would be to hit "throttle hold" and then shut the engine down with the "throttle trim." Is that correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks! I FINALLY have all of my parts (except for a governor) and am slowly putting it together. I'm hoping for a maiden between Christmas and New Year's!

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #5
TheBum
HF Support

My HF Map location
Location: McKinney, TX, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasHeliCop View Post
You might try something like this for your transmitter. Transmitter glove. Don't know if they work, but looks good. Congrads on the hovering.
I bought one of the JT Models Radio Mitts (same idea) and couldn't be happier with it, even though I haven't flown with it yet (hopefully over the Christmas holiday in West Virginia). It has heavy canvas on the outside and lined on the inside with artificial fleece, making it very comfortable and warm while "wearing" it in my family room. It has a pocket on the inside for a chemical hand warmer pack.

Experience is something you obtain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:51 AM   #6
Tom Burgess
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
I'm a nitro newb and building my first nitro, the 600N Pro. I understand "throttle hold" in electrics as the upper right hand switch that is activated in a crash to shut down the motor. In a nitro, I'm assuming this "throttle hold" will bring it to idle.

Now for the "newb" question, what is a "throttle cut?" I was assuming that the sequence after landing would be to hit "throttle hold" and then shut the engine down with the "throttle trim." Is that correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks! I FINALLY have all of my parts (except for a governor) and am slowly putting it together. I'm hoping for a maiden between Christmas and New Year's!

Pete

Yeah throttle cut can be done with the trim or you can program a mix on either aux2 or gear on a dx7. which radio do you use? finless did a video in the 600NP setup series on doing this. Yes Throlle hold should bring to idle,

Thanks

Tom
Tom Burgess is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
p00rboi
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post

Pete
Pete,
Depending on the transmitter you can set up a separate switch for the throttle cut. It is not necessary to hit the throttle hold during the shut-down sequence. Just as brgsstm mentioned, if you have the DX7, finless Bob has a video on how to set a mix for the throttle cut on the gear switch. Good luck on your upcoming maiden.
p00rboi is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
lovespicyfood
Registered Users

Thanks for the help guys!!!! I'm using a DX7 and haven't reached that part of the build videos yet, but I'm relieved to know that Finless Bob addresses it. Nothing better than watching build videos in your garage on your laptop while you're building you baby!

Thanks again,
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.