Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Red face HC3-SX + GY701 - Q's

Hey all,

Please excuse my ignorance as I'm very new to Futaba (JR for the last 10+ years), I have a 6303SB receiver using the SBUS straight into the Helicommand. Beautiful !!!

I have a GY701 (governor only) connected and working well with Stator Gator. Magic !!!

Now i was wondering can I use a SBUS splitter (3-1) to connect to the HC3-SX AND the GY701 at the same time ???

The system is working well, but I like the Idea that I can adjust the governor via the 14SG, does it work like this ??? Or am I dreaming ?

Thanks Joey.
jc23cl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc23cl View Post
Hey all,

Please excuse my ignorance as I'm very new to Futaba (JR for the last 10+ years), I have a 6303SB receiver using the SBUS straight into the Helicommand. Beautiful !!!

I have a GY701 (governor only) connected and working well with Stator Gator. Magic !!!

Now i was wondering can I use a SBUS splitter (3-1) to connect to the HC3-SX AND the GY701 at the same time ???

The system is working well, but I like the Idea that I can adjust the governor via the 14SG, does it work like this ??? Or am I dreaming ?

Thanks Joey.
You can do this several ways. Here are a few choices.

1. Run the throttle signal out of the Heli Command to the 701. On the Rx run one of the regular channel outputs to the 701. What ever output you choose either 1 or 2 will have to be remapped on the Linkage Menu>Function screen to be the governor. You will have to also change aileron or elevator to channel 7.

2. Map the output channel to be the Gov channel on the Heli command and run this to the 701 along with the throttle. IMPORTANT depin the power pin and only run signal and ground to the 701 on the governor channel (don't de pin the throttle channel).

3. Use the 6202SBW it is dual S Bus run 1 to the HC and the other to the 701.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can also remap 1 and 2 to be throttle and governor on the regular output pins and not run your throttle signal through the heli command at all. Same steps as option 1.

Remember to make everything match on the RC tab of the HC software except you can ignore the throttle mappings if you use this option.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks so much,

I shall give options 1+2 a try, but the dual SBus output sounds very elegant !

Let you know.
jc23cl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're welcome.

One other tip since you are new to Futaba. The knobs default to fine tune the throttle and pitch curve. They are easy to bump and not many people use these anymore. You can inhibit them on the second page of the throttle curve and pitch curve screen.

If you have any troubles with the 14SG with the HC Josh's youtube channel has an entire setup series. The programming is identical to the 8FG in the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Seasick7...?feature=watch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in