Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

Old 04-18-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
WillJames
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Raptor 50 V2 Box Conversion

Hi Everybody,

Since I cannot fly anything but electrics at our local club on Sunday, and Bergen R/C Helicopters has no E-Helis (Yet), I am seriously considering getting a V2 Box for one of my R50 Airframes. Is anyone flying one now that knows the ins and outs of what motor and ESC to pick? I will be running 2 of the 5s2p Duralite e-PLUS GOLD packs to = 10s2p.

Thanks in advance for the information!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you fly you are going to crash.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Not again!!!
WillJames is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
Russ McC
Registered Users

Be vary careful Will!!!

I donít know any thing about this system but if it works near as good as what Iím flying you will be totally screwed; your whole (hobby) life will change :mrgreen: :glasses2:
Russ McC is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
WillJames
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

HAHAH Russ. The videos are sure impressive. I definitely like what you are flying, just don't have the $$ for one of those. I like hte R50 box because I have an extra R50 airframe, and it only takes 1 10s2p pack (2 5s2p Duralite Packs)

With my work schedule, I have got to get something electric I can fly on sunday when I get a little time. Next closest field is over an hour away, and no time for that drive...

Not again!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
BobbySmith

Will
a Hacker 77-0-h or a schulze 32.55k would be youre best choice
I ran a shculze 32.40k in my Erappe on 10s for about 7 months wiht no failure if youwanted to save a few bucks
Bobby
Old 04-20-2005, 01:30 AM   #5
Tabbytabb
Registered Users

Will, my only suggestion would be to make sure those duralite packs can handle the load placed on them by this setup. The Pro-lite packs flown in the videos have absolutley incredible voltage under load. I dont know if there are any other packs out there right now which will match the performance of the pro-lites.

Just something to consider since many folks are able to effectively drop a "p" when going to the pro lites (3p prolites perfrom like 4p gen 2's)

I dont know anything about the duralite packs they may well handle it fine, I just didnt want you to get it all setup be bummed that yours didnt fly like the one in the video

I think I will convert a raptor using this setup also, that or a logo 14

Tabb
Old 04-20-2005, 05:01 AM   #6
WillJames
HF Support

My HF Map location

I talked to the designer of the box, Dana and he said the Duralites could handle the load very well, he has tested them in his Logo(s). All the new Duralite e-PLUS packs I have tested are working GREAT. I have over a hundred cycles on 2 of them, trouble free and still CRANKING out the power and balanced. Not that I have anything against TP Pro Lites, I have heard nothing but good stuff about them to.

Only question I am waiting to be answered is that from looking at the conversion instructions, I am wondering if there is enough room between the landing struts and the box to allow for 2 5s2p packs. Duralite does not make a 10s2p pack. The Pro Lite 10s2p pack is very long narrow and thin, and it obviously fits well, but not much extra room. I am really looking forward to having an electric heli that is big enough for me to see. I will definitely be sharing pics and video of my E-RAP 50 as soon as I get it in the air.

Not again!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 06:32 AM   #7
BobbySmith

WILL
The DURALITES will work fine run the 5s2p 4900 packs or the 5000 not sure which one they have now. I also have somoe 5s2p stuff that works very well in the Eraptor
TABB the new prolites are nice compared to the old Tp stuff but they are not the best thing on the market i will put a few packs up against them any time . i have personally flown and some of the new stuff . Y ou got to remeber everything you are seeing is being tested wiht one pack.
I have been flying 3p stuff for almost a year and the performance is just as good as any 4p stuff
Bobby
Old 04-20-2005, 07:20 AM   #8
WillJames
HF Support

My HF Map location

Thanks for the info Bobby. :glasses2:

Not again!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #9
Laurens
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Get something smaller/cheaper.

Logo 10 Extreme, ask Dana for that, or just like I want a Acrobat SE. Check www.logoheli.com and www.eheli-tuning.de.

Laurens is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #10
WillJames
HF Support

My HF Map location

Logos are VERY expensive over here Laurens. The R50 V2 Box conversion is the best bang for the buck in the states.

Not again!!!
Old 04-23-2005, 07:28 PM   #11
BobbySmith

Np Will let me know what you find

Bobby
Old 04-23-2005, 11:26 PM   #12
LuckyLandings
Registered Users

<<I cannot fly anything but electrics at our local club on Sunday>>

Whats up with that? Thou shalt not fly nitro on Sun.?
I missed that verse! :mrgreen:
Old 04-24-2005, 04:30 AM   #13
WillJames
HF Support

My HF Map location

It is a self imposed rule to control "complaints" to keep from "loosing the field". The old guys have no interest in flying on Sunday so it really does not matter to them. Just like the no after 5 flying on Wednesdays or Saturdays. Same thing. They are off all day every day, so it really does not matter to them if people who still work for a living get to fly on Wed or Sat or not. They already got to fly themselves, so tough luck if you work, you should be able to rearrange your schedule.

They want us to have a heli event there, but no flying after 5. That would go over well huh? They were shocked when I said it would not work, and I would not plan one.... now they are mad at me.

Next closest AMA field is an hour away..... Shannon gave up and just goes to the post office which is really not a great place to fly if something ever went wrong. Alan Bonner's club is an hour away.

Not again!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:19 PM   #14
sdixon747
Registered Users

Hey Will

When I get back in town, I'm going to look into the club field that is a few miles west of Erwin. If it all looks good, that may be an option for you.

Steve
sdixon747 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #15
WillJames
HF Support

My HF Map location

Sounds good Steve. It would still be a 35 or 40 minute drive there, but it is an option for us I hope!!

Not again!!!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters