Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 07-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Chainsawheli
Registered Users

Default SERVO HORN QUESTION

Does anyone know what other brand servo horns will fit on an Emax ES 08MD servo, I like the servo, but broke the servo horns and don't want to have to buy just the horns from china. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Chainsawheli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
garyji
Registered Users

Default SERVO HORN QUESTION

Never heard of it.

G.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
DCflyer
Registered Users

They come on the Storm Helicopters. Emax servos from what i've read are decent for what they are - very strong. I did a bit of searching and found that they are Futaba/Align spline gears. So any horn with that spline arrangement should work.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #4
numbermonkey
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
They come on the Storm Helicopters. Emax servos from what i've read are decent for what they are - very strong. I did a bit of searching and found that they are Futaba/Align spline gears. So any horn with that spline arrangement should work.
numbermonkey is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #5
Atomic Skull
Registered Users

Emax servos have poor internal wiring with weakly soldered joints and no glue.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
Chainsawheli
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I tried them out and they have proven quite good, I am learning inverted flight and crash more than I would like and these servo's have put up with a lot of abuse. They are digital, metal gear, very strong and are very reasonably priced. I know there is always the debate about the quality of the components we all buy, I find it hard to justify $60 for a servo, when I have had success with these.
DC Flyer, thanks for doing that research, I appreciate it and will try those servo horns.
Chainsawheli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
Atomic Skull
Registered Users

Seemed good to me too till a wire popped off the motor.

Corona servos actually have pretty good internal wiring, but the gears wear out fast. They're cheap enough to be considered just disposable servos though. If they put better gears in them and used less brittle plastic in the cases they'd be some pretty decent servos. As it is they're pretty good for what they are.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please