Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) > DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM) DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

Old 09-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
LarryLuck
Registered Users

Default DJI AVL58 TX pinouts

Does anyone happen to have the pinout data for the 8 pin cable to the DJI AVL58 TX? Somehow what I'm pretty sure is the signal GND (purple, pin 7) on my TX looks fried. I was in the process of adding a second TX for Fat Shark to the cable harness so I could have managed to switch the +/- power leads. I don't think I did, but when I went looking for the pinout data for the 8 pin connector on the AVL I found conflicting information. Before reconnecting I want to be sure.
LarryLuck is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Empire Support 2
Registered Users

You can find that information in the iOSD manual page 6.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iOSD_user_manual_v2.04_en.pdf (690.3 KB, 597 views)
Empire Support 2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
z_man_95
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you know where to find the spec sheet for the AVL58 unit? I found this on another site.

edit: never mind, found this:
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...ser-manual.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avl58.jpg (53.8 KB, 385 views)

Last edited by z_man_95; 09-20-2013 at 10:08 PM..
z_man_95 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #4
Empire Support 2
Registered Users

The Video Down Link is not a well supported and documented product since it is not legal in most of the world. I have the manual but it does not show the pin out/in information. Only the iOSD manual supplies that info.
Empire Support 2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
MikeSD
Registered Users

Default Wiring correct or incorrect?

I have seen a number of complaints that the AVL58 wiring to the transmitter is incorrect. And frying an AVL58 transmitter when plugged into battery. That the +11.1 and ground are backwards. I have buzzed mine out and it seems correct. Colors are correct and it matches the pinout shown in the iOSD module referenced above.

Does anyone know if there ever is a wiring issue (wrong wiring for power) with the transmitter power wires?

Does anyone know if this was an issue that has since been resolved?

I'm now a bit gun shy about plugging mine in, until I resolve this question.

Thanks,
MikeSD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
MikeSD
Registered Users

Addition to above post: This is an image of the wiring I have buzzed out on the AVL58. This all seems to match the drawing on the iOSD. But I have read a half dozen reviews of this product where people claim the wiring is wrong and will fry your transmitter because of reversed wiring. It looks right to me.

Can anyone confirm this is the correct wiring on the AVL58?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
Tahoe Ed
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What you list as NC is the channel changing leads. Other than that it is correct. It requires a connection to a iOSD to make that work.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
MikeSD
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
What you list as NC is the channel changing leads. Other than that it is correct. It requires a connection to a iOSD to make that work.
Mostly I was worried about power leads because some people said those were reversed.

Yeah, I saw the two N.C. were for channel control but I couldn't find any connection with this included cable. So I assumed they were N.C. because they were not used.

I wonder how they change 8 channels, with only 2 wires. hmmm...
Old 01-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #9
Tahoe Ed
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You connect the iOSD MK I or MK II to your RC tx and you can change the channels.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:21 AM   #10
NitroAl
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wish I saw this thread earlier today, I stripped the outer insulation all the way back past and including the splitter block to find out what was what!
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #11
rmklaw
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroAl View Post
I wish I saw this thread earlier today, I stripped the outer insulation all the way back past and including the splitter block to find out what was what!
Would it be safer to use a male 3.5mm stereo mini connector instead of cutting the wires? Was there any shielding?
Phantom Vision - Phantom 2 - DJI F550 - Trex 500ESP 3G - Trex 450 Pro - Trex 450 Sport - Trex 250SE 3G with Microbeast - Trex 250SE - Blade mCPX - Blade mCPX BL - Blade 180QX - Trex 100x - Xcell 60 Graphite Gas - Blade 120SR - Blade MSR.
rmklaw is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #12
NitroAl
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There was a foil wrap up to the splitter block which seems pointless to me because that shares the power and in my mind the signal should be shielded separately if at all!
No problems for me so far with no shielding and solder joints.
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #13
dghSA
Registered Users

Is it possible to snip the unused cables and connect a GoPro directly to the eight pin plug?
Alternatively, can i cut the audio/video cable and solder that to the video out of the gopro cables? I understand the gopro runs at 5v, while the voltage input into the transmitter is 12v .. does the transmitter feed any power into the audio/video cable?

Im not using iosd chip at the moment.
dghSA is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #14
dghSA
Registered Users

Id like to connect my goporo to the DJG 5.8 transmitter without using a iosd chip. Can i simply cut the wires i dont need or even (with some cutting) connect the audio/video cable directly to my gopro?
Seeing as the gopro runs at 5v and the intput voltage to the transmitter is 12v, does the transmitter feed any power to the camera?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #15
ErichF
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The only wires that will go directly from your GoPro output are Video Signal, and Video Ground. Feed your AVL58 with power by splitting the ribbon cable and routing the input positive and negative wires to your power source (can take up to 6S voltage directly).

See the attached pic for how to connect directly to any video source using the cable provided with the AVL58 kit. You may need to cut off the stereo type jack and use the wires directly to interface with your GoPro output.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AVL58 hookup.JPG (36.3 KB, 233 views)
ErichF is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #16
dghSA
Registered Users

Thanks, i shall do that
Old 03-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #17
MTNestr
Registered Users

Default Mobius Camera for DJI AVL58

I would like to wire my Mobius Camera to the AVL58 for FPV. I am using the following DJI Cable:

The Mobius mini-USB wiring is as follows:

When I cut the Video Pin in the first AVL58 photo I see a Yellow wire surrounded by a bare copper strands. I assume the yellow wire is video and the copper strands are the ground.

If I attach the copper strands from the AVL58 cable to the Pin #4 & Pin #5 (which are shorted) and the AVL58 yellow cable to Pin #2 will this work so that the AVL58 will transmit Video?

Can I attach 5v to Pin #1 for to power the Mobius camera?

Thanks
MTNestr is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:04 AM   #18
KarAlb
Registered Users

Default Can some of the Not Connected wires on the DJI AVL58 be used for AUDIO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
This was very useful - thanks a lot.
I have been using the DJI AVL58 for a while and it works fine but now I realise how much the audio means when flying. I can't tell the shifts in RPM of the rotors with only Video and the OSD data provided. I want audio to instantly understand whats going on.
Anyone know if the Not Connected pins Red/Black and Brown can be used to send the Audio from the GoPro camera to the ground receiver?
Any advise on this appreciated.
KarAlb is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) > DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM) DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)