Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
outlander58
Registered Users

Default TREX 550e servo issues!!!

I have just brought a second hand trex 550e. It all seems ok, And I have rebulit it to make sure that tread lock and a screws are tight. I brought a Futaba T8J with a Futaba R2008SB receiver. I have followed the instructions in the manual on how to connect the servos ESC and tail gyro, although I have only conected aileron, elevator, pitch. My swash plate is a HR3 120. everything is in the right place, but only aileron and elevator move! Pitch does not move at all, but the is nothing wrong with the servo or receiver as I have changed them around and they work in different positions! Can anyone please advise what I need to do, as I am at a complete loss.

Regards
outlander58 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
bradg
Registered Users

I would start by looking at the monitor screen of the radio if it has one. It will show what is being sent to the receiver. I suspect the radio may not be setup properly. If that is ok and you know the servos are good perhaps the receiver's pitch port is dead.

Brad G
> JR X9503
bradg is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Felix the cat
Registered Users

Yes, the radio does have a monitor screen, go in it and see what's going on.

What's your channel mapping? It could be the pitch servo is plugged into the wrong port.
Anyway here ya go
1 Ail.
2 Elev.
3 Throttle
4 Rudder
5 Gyro
6 Pitch
7 extra
8 extra

Or if FBL, see if the gyro has S-bus input port and try going from Rx to Gyro via S bus. Much cleaner (just the one wire) and perhaps if the physical channel itself is toast it "might" work. If it does, please let us know for future reference.

Hope this helps some.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.