Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

Old 04-20-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
Todd Marsh
Registered Users

Default Robbe S2850 Blade holder needed for Tempest W/V-Blades.

I have seen a picture of the Canadian helicopter team which shows they have a blade holder for the V- blades on the Tempest that doesnt cross the blades, the blades simply are paralell to the boom & the fact a regular blade holder doesnt work very well..... Where can I get one of these type blade holders that has a 'pocket' for each blade individually on each side of boom, for me Tempest? It looks to work well, the flybar is just a bit off to one side though still. Sorry, I cant find the pic to show.

Tempest FAI W/ OS.91 C-Spec-PS W/ OMI Viper Head, C.Y. Muscle II pipe, Futaba 9252 X 4, Futaba GY502 W/ 9254, Futaba GV-1 W/Optical sensor, 9ZHP WII W/ Synth. TX module & RX, Version 3 V-Blades 690MM/105MM.
Todd Marsh is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:10 PM   #2
bob00
Registered Users

Hi Todd,

If the one you're refering to is blue then it's probably a Robbe 60 size blade holder.

http://www.ajhobby.com/product.asp?pid=1072

Don't have the part number right now but our LHS (A & J Hobbies -www.ajhobby.com) carries them as I'm sure many other places do.

- Rob
www.teambob00.com
Old 04-20-2004, 02:47 PM   #3
Todd Marsh
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It is blue! Thats the one. Who might I get the part from in the USA? Thanks for the quick responce Rob!

Tempest FAI W/ OS.91 C-Spec-PS W/ OMI Viper Head, C.Y. Muscle II pipe, Futaba 9252 X 4, Futaba GY502 W/ 9254, Futaba GV-1 W/Optical sensor, 9ZHP WII W/ Synth. TX module & RX, Version 3 V-Blades 690MM/105MM.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:30 PM   #4
bob00
Registered Users

Ron's got them - www.ronlund.com

http://www.ronlund.com/Merchant2/mer...uct_Code=S2850

No problem.
- Rob
www.teambob00.com
Old 04-21-2004, 12:22 PM   #5
Todd Marsh
Registered Users

I just talked to the people at Ricks....They claim they havent had the S2850 for over 3 months, and when Robbe finally just sent them a new order of all varieties of parts (finally), their wasnt a single S2850 included. :evil:

Anyone who can find me a S2850, either locally, or on the web, I would be eternally greatful for your efforts, as I am getting a bit discouraged. At this point, I'll settle for a slightly used model & be appy to pay you full price of a new one ($12.03) + shipping to me. Seems like everything I ever need is either 'special order ONLY, & ONLY if you PRE-PAY' 'pre-paid ONLY-No returns' 'Get it when you do, if at all, & like it', 'out of stock', or otherwise in some sence just a major PITA. Anyone else got the affliction? It works like this: If you need something: for any concieveable reason that you can possibly imagine, its UNTOUCHABLE. My God! A simple blade holder for the love of Christ. Apparently the new Tempest owners who use V-Blades allready bought them all up.

The Robbeusa.com place is on vacation until the April 26, but their telephone recording says their web site it still taking orders. I just wonder if the stuff is not going to ship until after the 26th....the recording didnt say :O(

I might just turm my Maverick pitch gauge into a nice one! The holes you view the paddles through are perfectly spaced....might be onto something here. Just kidding, I need a S2850....PLEASE.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:45 PM   #6
bob00
Registered Users

Hi Todd,

Try A&J Hobbies www.ajhobby.com , ask for Arden - shipping from Canada's not that bad .

If he can't hook you up I'm pretty sure I've got a least one extra (NEW) - if you need it let me know.

- Rob
www.teambob00.com
bob00 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:21 PM   #7
Todd Marsh
Registered Users

Bob00 I found a similar product to the S2850 at www.Variousa.com do a search for (Blade support) its part# 33/25. It is made for full fusalage (35MMX200MMX200MM). There are a couple possible drawbacks for the Vario part though. 1ST- it cost $20.00, and the Robbe is $12.03 @ Ricks (if they ever get them). So the Vario part is TWICE the cost! Also, I allready know the Robbe is wide enough, and the Vario web site doesnt list dimensions of their part, so it might not even fit, & thats at TWICE the price! :?

Bob00, AJ's didnt list the actual price of the S2850'S, do you know off hand what they sell for? I know they weigh almost nothing, so shipping to Littleton, Colorado, zip code 80130, USA actually might be fairly reasonable. I just wanted to check the actual cost of the S2850 @ AJ'S & how much it will cost to ship for a fairly quick delivery.

Also- if someone here in the USA has one of these that they would part with- PLEASE let me know! I am getting my FAI set-up in the next couple weeks, & HAVE to have a way to transport the bird without having to remove the blades, because that sucks & I want a blade holder to avoid excessive wear/tear on the servos that cost $100.00 EACH.......

Old 04-21-2004, 06:49 PM   #8
DavidH

My HF Map location

Todd,
I have seen a few of the side by side foam blade holders like the Robbe one. The link you posted does not work. But most of the holders I have seen for a fuse, the only difference is that the part of the holder that goes on the fuse is half rounded instead of cutout for a tail boom connection. Also seen quiet a few of the side by side blade holders made by the pilots. They actually cut them out of foam and put a strap to go around the tail boom or boom of fuse.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:18 PM   #9
Todd Marsh
Registered Users

I fixxed the link- thanks for letting me know, I hate bad links. Yea David, your right, the full fuse ones (Vario#33/25) do have a little too large of a opening on the bottom for a full fuselage, rather than a skinny boom. I am either going to make one, or do whatever I gotta do to get a robbe, its really the right one to use. I wish MA would just make a sweet unit since its apparent theres a demand with all the new Tempests. I think theres a reason all the robbe S2850 units are sold out -& it wasnt Robbe customers buying them up. It was MA Tempest FAI & 3D owners would be my best guess, but I got in the line too late :mrgreen:

Old 04-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #10
Buzzin Brian

I just use a HeliMax blade holder, and live with it. It actually works to my satisfaction. All I actually want it to do is hold the blades back anyway. So it serves my needs. But that is me.
Buzzin Brian is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:13 AM   #11
S.Peterson
Registered Users

I use the helimax one as well. It works and I all ready had it.

Stu
S.Peterson is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:26 AM   #12
bob00
Registered Users

Hi Todd, I just called the shop and they have them $19.90CAD (about $14.65 USD).

If you want them real quick shipping is going to be a bit pricy (about $16CAD - xpresspost), if not regular airmail is about $6CAD. Shipping costs may vary slightly - these are my estimates from shipping other stuff.

- Rob
Old 04-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #13
Todd Marsh
Registered Users

Excellent Bob, I was just drawing up plans to make my own- I'm not kidding. had allready given up on getting one. I'll call them and buy one- Screw making a 'one-off'! Thanks Bob, I appreciate your efforts. :glasses2:

Old 04-22-2004, 12:51 PM   #14
bob00
Registered Users

No problem - they work well.

Just so you know (in case you don't get 'em in time), a regular blade holder (MA, HeliMax) will work with both Tempest heads and V-Blades - if you fold the blades back as fas as they can go, the tips may *just* make it into the blade holder with the rotor head offset slightly (flybar won't be parallel to the fuse). I've done this myself with 710's and 700's - not sure if 690's would be long enough for a real secure fit.

- Rob
www.teambob00.com
Old 04-22-2004, 02:58 PM   #15
Todd Marsh
Registered Users

Bob, I just talked to Arden @ AJ'S & I told him I was calling from the US. I asked "Do you have a 'Robbe S2850' side by side blade holder?" Arden asked, "Did Bob send you to me?" I replied "yes, he sure did!" "I just talked to Bob, & he asked if I had one of those"...... I replied- "yep, Bob was the ONLY guy who could find one for me." So anyhow Bob, thanks to you, I have my Robbe S2850 on the way! MUCH APPRECIATED BUDDY!

I am still playing around with a couple sketches of a blade holder myself, just for people using the Tempest FAI/3D/ head with main V-Blade's. I might think about making it myself, depending on how I like the Robbe quality/fit. I dont want to list too many details about my design, but I am thinking it might sell faster than I can produce them, by myself. The holder I am thinking of making will fit ALL the M.A. Tempest FAI/3D that use the main V-Blade's. After all I want something that looks worthy of holding the blades in style on my $4K+ machine!

Old 06-03-2004, 03:49 AM   #16
jetsurgeon
Registered Users

Todd,

Happy to hear you found a blade holder. But by chance did you try here? :cool:

http://robbeusa.com/xcart/customer/s...ubstring=s2850

Wishing you all the best,
Old 06-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #17
Buzzin Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob00
No problem - they work well.

Just so you know (in case you don't get 'em in time), a regular blade holder (MA, HeliMax) will work with both Tempest heads and V-Blades - if you fold the blades back as fas as they can go, the tips may *just* make it into the blade holder with the rotor head offset slightly (flybar won't be parallel to the fuse). I've done this myself with 710's and 700's - not sure if 690's would be long enough for a real secure fit.

- Rob
www.teambob00.com
Yes the HeliMax holder works fine with 690 V-Blades. That is what I have on mine right now. Also there is about 3-4 inches of the tips sticking out the back side of the holder when installed. What else could you want? Never had a problem with it.
Buzzin Brian is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:23 PM   #18
Todd Marsh
Registered Users

I got the holder from the Canadian supplier AJ's. Robbe USA told me they had just gotten a shipment of Robbe parts which didnt include any of the blade holders- something they claimed to have had been out of stock on for quite some time already. Apparently they werent too optimistic about getting them any time soon- They wouldnt/couldnt give me a ETA either on the holder.

Sure the other holder would work, but go take a look at my picture gallery on 'Run Ryder' under author "Todd Marsh" and see for yourself how much nicer it works/looks....The Robbe side by side works & looks MUCH nicer IMO, but sure, any of the other cheap ones will work too.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum