Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

Old 02-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
HillBilly13
Registered Users

Default 120do2s

Thinking about this as a first cp. Thoughts?????
HillBilly13 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Go with the NEW V120D02S with a 6 axis gyro. It makes a great first CP heli but can also rip the sky a new one! in the proper hands of course. It is quite stable and handles like a much bigger heli in the wind. I have several helis and the NEW V120D02S is my favorite. All parts orders come from China (so order a bunch at a time) other than that this heli is solid. Parts are also cheap and easy to replace with it's simple yet very effective design. The NEW V120D02S has a bit better servos for cyclic and tail and the 6 axis gyro/receiver upgrade in it.

Now lets talk Transmitter.
The Devo 7 has more dials/switches, but the Devo 7E is a much better TX.
I say Get the 7E or spend a little more to get the Devo 10. The 7E and 10 both have the exact same menus and programming but you get all the dials and switches you'll ever need with the 10. I have and love the 7E and I will most likely get the 10 too. IF you wanna spend the big bucks on a fancy pants color touch screen TX both the 8S and 12S are awesome. The 7E and the 10 are fine for me though.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450 DFC, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450 FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
HillBilly13
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow thanks for the input. What are some of the most common parts that break with this. I will order these with the bird. Also was planning on the devo 10, only $50 more then the 7e. Seems like a no brainer. Oh and confirming that you can fly it in a beginner type mode, prior to all out 3D?
Old 02-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep you can make this bird tame and mellow or rough and tough all via the TX. The Heli comes with a good setup guide for beginners but you can even tone it down from there.
Also buy the metal head set it flys better and will save you money in the long run over buying plastic head parts.

parts you will brake/bend
landing skids
tail drive gears
tail drive shaft for the tail boom
All moving tail parts
tail boom
main blades
tail blades
feathering shaft for main blade grips
tail linkage rod

it is also good to have an extra cyclic servo though you can fix them 2 or 3 times before they are done for, also an extra tail servo these strip once and are done.

These are the parts I break most often but she is one tough bird and repairs are usually minimal Id say the top 3 I break is landing skids, tail drive gears, and tail shafts that connect to the tail blade grips. Let me know if you need more help or have other ?'s.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450 DFC, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450 FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
HillBilly13
Registered Users

Thanks for the quick responce, bangood gas it for $300 with devo 10, seems like a fair price. With regards to the metal head, it's really worth the $50. Wont the metal head just make other parts more subject to break?

e
Old 02-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #6
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, the metal head is worth every penny IMO. and no it wont cause additional damage. With the plastic head you will break off the grips bust up the swash and main rotor head as well as the tail drive gears and the feathering shaft sometimes. Where as with the metal head you strip the tail drive gears still, and you may bend the feathering shaft more often but most of the time left damage free on the head. That would only leave you to replace the tail drive gears. A 1 part fix. Do you get me?
Old 02-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #7
HillBilly13
Registered Users

So get the metal head and save money and damage on the long run. I will be replacing more tall gears and maybe a feathering shaft, but not head parts. Are all metal kits the same, and do you think the banggood price is ok
Old 02-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You will always be replacing tail drive gears no matter which head you have. That is the #1 part that strips. On the metal head the blade grips don't break off like the plastic ones leaving the damage to the feathering shaft.

the best price is here, but on backorder.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...elicopter.html

hobby king takes forever to deliver though and who knows when they will get stock. I had to wait 65 days for mine after they said it was shipped.

Ehirobo will get it to you fairly fast, 10 days for the cheap shipping.
http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-helicopter...-head-set.html

Ive never used banggood but I'll have to check them out. just be sure to compare prices as ehirobo wants too much $ for some parts like blades.

It's $285 here w/ devo 10
http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-helicopter...en-2-4ghz.html
Old 02-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #9
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just a couple more points on the metal head... It does weigh more than the plastic but not much. ALL parts on the Metal and Plastic head are interchangable and have the exact same geometry so you can easily fit it with NO adjustments to your setup. Since the grips weigh more, the blades keep pace better and will spin longer, putting less stress on the ESC and Main motor. That will give you longer ESC/motor life as well as slightly longer flight times.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #10
HillBilly13
Registered Users

So get the metal head and save money and damage on the long run. I will be replacing more tall gears and maybe a feathering shaft, but not head parts. Are all metal kits the same, and do you think the banggood price is ok
Old 02-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #11
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All metal heads are not the same make sure it is a real Walkera part and not a knockoff. knockoffs typicaly have brass balls on the grips and swash. The real one has steel balls. sorry couldn't help myself.

The price seems good at banggood but they are out of stock.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
MiXiN
Registered Users

Default Banggood

Banggood are fine, as are their prices.

The shipping is slow with them (3 or 4 Weeks) as they use Malaysia Post and China Post, but since shipping is free, who are we to complain.

If you want it quicker, say in 7 Days, use vendors like Miracle Mart, RC711, Ehirobo, or one of those that specifically use Hong Kong post which is much faster.
Synergy E5, Gaui X5 FES, Mikado Logo 400 (sold), WK V400D02, Genius CP, CB100, 4#6, HBFPV2 and a few shelf Queens and Quad's.
Land; HPI Vorza, E Firestorm/Castle SCT 3800, Ansmann Mad Rat/Fusion race 10.5T.... Team OoPlE.
MiXiN is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #13
SurferOfTheSkys
Registered Users

Get the Walkera metal head and swash plate assembly .

Get a slipper clutch from BenMlee

Get the Extreme landing gear.
Do the servo saver mod.
You could even go with Micro deans connectors for a better battery connection, I did all of these and am loving it.
SurferOfTheSkys is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #14
jml79
Registered Users

Extreme landing gear, metal swash, servo saver mod and flipped tail for mine. No replaced parts in six crashes with this setup. If your stripping tail gears add a tail clutch.

A different TX for each heli until my Devo 10 w/DeviationTX
jml79 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #15
skippajack
Registered Users

I am having problems with my 120D02s ,, I just changed all the gears and now when trying to take off the bird just spins out of contol to the left.

I am perplexed and don't know what to do to fix this problem , i really want to fly this heli.

I have two of these helis ,I am waiting for parts for one and cant get this one to take off.

Anyone have any advice for me would be really appreciated ,, Thanks
skippajack is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #16
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default start a new thread next time

The tail rotates CCW veiwed from heli right. the rounded blade ends lead. next if heli spins left shorten the tail linkage one full turn/test untill it holds. if the heli spins right lengthen it.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #17
skippajack
Registered Users

Thanks , I will give that a try and see how it goes ,, really appreciate the info ,, I am a noob
and just learning all this ,, wow , huge learning curve but I am hooked , hahaha!
skippajack is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support