START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 03-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
merlin703
Registered Users

Default Help with Belt-CP too much negative

Hi, I have a Belt-CP. I took it out and even people that have been flying for a while didn't know what to do with it. I guess it's because they never seen a Belt-CP before but only Trexes and alike.
The main problem at hand is that it has too much negative pitch right now. I have to be about 85% throttle to start getting some possitive pitch. The guys at the field, try to make as many changes to my JR9303 as possible but that didn't really help.
I changed the receiver to a R6000 ( I believe). ONE physical problem I clearly see is that the swash plate doesn't have much play at all. I don't know if the links are off. When you just power the heli, should the servos be at 90 degrees as the TREX? I wish I had some pictures to follow. Please let me know your thoughts, thanks.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Dugster
Registered Users

I have the same radio setup as you do. I use the same throttle curve, pitch curve and swash mix as a middle of the road Trex 450. Yes, the servo arms should be at 90 degrees and the swash should be level.
Dugster is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
psilo
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would guess that your swash mix is way out. I am using the Spektrum DX7 which is the same as a JR anyway and have my swash mix at +60 ail +60 elev and -60% pitch which is giving me a -9,0,-9 pitch range in idle up.

I am assuming you have been through the CCPM setup as per the finless vids?
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
merlin703
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I didn't put the heli together. Someone changed the settings when trying to fis it. I had to reset everything and start from scratch. The servo arms are not mechanically 90. I had to use some trimming. The links were way OFF. I don't understand how that happened. Anyway, I believe it's OK now but I haven't test it yet since I will be installing a GY410 and set up the tail servo with it. I first thought the tail blades wouldn't have to be in straight line like the TREX 500 (according to Bob videos) if not pulling to the left (I think left), which I didn't understand but people here told me that it should be set up in straight line just like the TREX 500. So I will do that tonight or tomorrow and take it out for a test fly. Thanks guys!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
thunderhead
Registered Users

The swash should be level and in the middle of its travel with the servo arms at 90. 60% on the swash is a good starting point as mentioned. If you are not in the middle of swash travel with the arms at 90 then you should adjust your links so that you are.
Helipro Blackhawk full metal swash&head carbon mains&boom
Helipro Blackhawk bone stock carbon mains.
Belt CP bone stock.
thunderhead is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP