Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 03-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #9001
copterboy
Registered Users

Not yet Tom, but the thought did cross my mind earlier. I've been living in the house during the coldest months to save on gas for the boiler. As a result, not having issue's with the signal from the main AP. I'll probably move back out there soon and it will become more of a priority again. Aswell as the cable, I would need to sell the range extender and get a router.

I finally started a clearout on ebay, so I'll hopefully be able to fund that project with the funds raised in the next few weeks. It's just time to get something flying now the clocks have changed and the lighter nights are returning.

I'll want to get that power supply/charging project looked at again, so looking to treat myself to a soldering station next.

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #9002
copterboy
Registered Users

Biggup to fast-lad for being so, erm, fast!

Not happy with the Align blades though. Paid a premium to get what is being marketed as their best - and they don't look like they are matched, never mind balanced. Used both stickers and they are still slightly off Another issue I have is with the brass bushing that goes through the root of the blade. One of them protrudes by approx 0.5mm, and the other bushing is evenly spaced. This will mean the blades will never truely follow each other, so I fear the worst for tracking and vibe issue's. Think for the first time I can recall, I'm going to have to send something back on grounds of quality!!

Least I can get on with the servo repairs

Old 04-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #9003
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bummer, deffo send 'em back Denis. Not had to balance any blades from Align from Fast-Lad yet, so something wrong with those. I did have a set of cosmetic seconds, mostly what I buy, and they had one root thicker than the other. Too thick in that it was hard to get it in the grip. In fact both were hard to get in, but one was even harder. Just bent the grips a bit, lol.

Only time I've ever used those stickers I've always put them in exactly the same spot on both blades just for the effect they have in the sun, which is great on the big blades.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #9004
copterboy
Registered Users

Think I may have forgotten to pull the blades out straight once I installed them on the seesaw Obviously, it's been too long and I'm a little rusty They are still off, but can be balanced with 1 sticker now, so I guess that is acceptable in their terms and I should put up with.

I'm just contemplating this bushing issue now, should I just file the protruding one down, or does it still justify a return...hmmmm? Maybe I can do it easily enough with just a touch from an angle grinder with a 3000grit diamond polishing pad attached. Might have to neaten up any burring with a needle file or screw (as I don't have a file small enough). So maybe that problem is not insurmountable with what I have at my disposal. Will sleep on it for now.

Thanks for the response Sutty, made me double check my method and think outside the box a little. Feeling less annoyed as a result.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #9005
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

By the way, there is a clear plastic sticker goes between the two blades, that can sometimes be fitted such that it is almost invisible, to stop them rubbing in transit. If the is not peeled off they will be out. Usually at the tip, making the cog and weight both be out. I've forgotten before and thought, wtf, why is my head wobbling so much, lol.

Glad they seem better, after having double checked.

Oh, and that bush might push back in line. Not like it can escape when it the grip if you make it a little loose by doing that. Poor do though.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 04-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #9006
copterboy
Registered Users

Anyone ever had a tradesman turn up late saying he couldn't get parts etc. Well, it happened to me today, except I was the tradesman!! On a wild goose chase to find a decent fine tip permenant marker for marking tiles that would not mark with either pencil nor crayon So, on my travels around the outer parts of east manchester, I just happened to pass a scale hobby shop I had seen once before a few years earlier. Used the excuse I was looking for a pen to call in and try the newsagent next door No RC stuff, but had some great mini tools for scale building. Managed to pick up a round needle file for 70p Perfect finishing tool for the job I am contemplating for the main blades.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #9007
copterboy
Registered Users

Well guys, still not progessed since my last post Jack was here at weekend, and we did share a bit of sim time together at his request

My angle grinder is still at work, which I need to start the main blades. That should be home tomorrow. I'm putting the hrs in again to try and catch up after the dry spell of work. Good news is, I managed to get in with a builder/friend who has a few maintenance contracts. I can still do my own tiling/bathroom jobs, and his jobs, plus jobs for the maintenance contracts too!! Plus making more contacts as a tiler through that.

Had a feeling I would get sucked back into the construction trade, and that is how things have turned out for now. Didn't expect it to happen this way, was planning on going commercial. I just hope with his contacts and contracts, the work will be more continuous and less dry spells for me. So, will see how it goes!! I've now got 2 bathrooms to finish before easter and another bathroom/ensuite floor both with underfloor heating, including 32m2 porcelain kitchen floor afterwards!! Got more enquiries of my own, plus extra work off the builder in between!! Hoping I will soon catch up, including the stuff I been shifting on ebay My boss is wanting to pay for a holiday each in winter off the stuff that gets reclaimed at work. I'm secretly thinking which projects I can spend it on instead

First job I finish this week (payday again finally), then straight onto the next job with some overlap in the evenings!! Little time to play, I'm just hoping for a break over easter around 18th - 25th. Can't say how much I'm looking forward to getting things moving again!! It will be another early start/late finish tomorrow, so looking towards this weekend for completion of the 450 re-build, if all goes to plan.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #9008
copterboy
Registered Users

23:34 I got home from work today. My mate/boss has dropped me in it on this job and I am not a happy chappy. Had a few arguments during the course of this weekend, so re-considering this career move again. Just gonna keep my mouth shut and keep earning for now until the annual van bills are paid at end of next month, then I'm gonna jump ship again. Too bloody tired for progress!!

Old 04-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #9009
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well that sucks Denis. Hope you can be ready for the bank holiday weekend though. If the weather's good, surely there could be a chance of a few flights then? Hope so, good luck.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #9010
copterboy
Registered Users

Thanks Sutty, I'm just hoping this job gets finished tomorrow!! I've done a snag list today and there's still a good 7 hrs in it, and that depends if I can get a spare cover cap for a toilet seat that my mate threw away in the ripout. So I may end up on another wild goose chase for the part, and/or costing even more money from my profit margin (wages) if I have to buy a new soft close seat!! It's not been just that though, he was supposed to work it with me as he organised it, then he took on another job and left me on my own to crack on. Leaving me without a clue, the wrong amount of tiles, not a clue what was agreed with the customer (who is the wife out at work), and a home husband who's had a breakdown and seems like he's so far in the closet he's in Narnia with OCD!!

I've been told no work over the easter weekend, so that's good, but also got Jack from Friday PM to Monday AM as usual. Not to mention I got to book the vans MOT when I get paid for this job. Got a big job of my own starting on 25th, so I was hoping for a break for some proper heli time inbetween Easter weekend and the 25th (which is now next week!!). I've still got the 2nd bathroom to do, that could run into next week but it's a lot simpler. Just hoping I can 'fly' through it this week, and he right materials are there for me to go at. If the this next bathroom job is un-organised, like the last one, then I may not go back to him after I complete my big job! That big job should take me almost 3 weeks into May anyway, so I just realised I've only got to find 1 more weeks work before I know I my van is sorted for another 12 months!! And I have a few enquiries I could line up for that. Hmmm not too bad now I think about it Sorry for the rant!!

As for if I get more time, or the energy for the heli after work this week, I'll be lucky!!

Old 04-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #9011
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No worries about your rant, Denis, always reading it with an interest . Bit of advise: ditch an unreliable partner that doesn't hold his end of a bargain as soon as you can afford to, elsewhere you'll be always left holding the short end of the stick. Don't believe that this was a one-time slip-up, it wasn't, by the sound of it that's how this guy operates.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:18 AM   #9012
copterboy
Registered Users

I would listen to the advice of you guys over my mates anyday

Nice sunny day today, and the settled weather is due to stay for week. Got to get back on this horse soon

Old 04-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #9013
copterboy
Registered Users

I'm might need to start an anti-progress report thread

So I went on my wild goose chase for parts today, and eventually managed to find round hinge covers for kitchen cupboard application for 1.60. Much better than 63.00 for a new seat!! Also, needed a new 12V transformer for a spotlight, as one of the 4 provided by my mate popped as soon as it was installed. So, I happen to notice an electrical wholesalers on my travels, flicked my indicator on, went to turn right, and bang!! Some idiot in a taxi was trying to overtake me, and has sideswiped a few of the panels on my van. Not to mention the wheel alignment is way off and getting bad vibes when I tried to drive on the motorway, plus there was some fluid leaking, which I think is just a broken seal on the reservoir for the screen wash. Thought it was brake fluid when I first inspected it.

The cheeky SOB, then drove off after taking my details, and didn't provide me with his, so I reported it to the police and have started an insurance claim. My van is now off the road, until the insurance assessors can take a look. Hoping that tomorrow I will be able to arrange a rental vehicle and keep working. But for now, I'll be classing it as a days lost earnings for my claim. Plus got mild whiplash, so will go to the docs to get medical evidence of that also.

Had to cancel the MOT on the advice of the mechanic, as there is damage to the vehicle from the collision that means it will not pass the test. Not sure if it will be a write off, as there could be damage to the chassis. Will have to wait and see!!

Old 04-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #9014
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Damn it Denis, now that really sucks. Not sure what words I can offer in terms of consolation, other than to wish you good luck with the insurance claim, and with tracking down the guy in question.

Good reason to fly though, as when things are plaguing me, the only time I really get them off my mind is when I'm in the air, as I can't think of anything other than controlling the heli.

Chin up bud.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 04-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #9015
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 when life sends you to the crapper you just gotta flush, and be done with it. Hope your luck changes soon.
Belt'ish CP MG90's,704A/S3114,CX head,HDX3550/Align 35G/HDX 500 SAH:-) HS-82MG's,G401B/BMS-631MG,HDX850/Align 60G,6s lipo /Hirobo Shuttle ZX .30 /Walkera 4#3B/Falcon40/Lama V3 DX6iThank you kind gents! :-)
Heli Yea! is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #9016
copterboy
Registered Users

Cheers Guys, the police have already informed me they tracked the registration, and the vehicle is insured, so hopefully should be fairly straightforward. I'm sure he'll try to deny responsibility, so may drag on a bit, as he told me I didn't indicate (which is complete BS). But indicating or not, he shouldn't have been there on the wrong side if the road, so he's bang to rights. They have to write to him and allow 28 days for a response before the police will take further action.

Just hope it doesn't drag on for 21 months like the last claim I had to do! Anyone remember the story about the lorry that wrote off my 3 week old parked car (just after I went to my mates wedding in Ibiza) and also drove off without leaving details? Only through my own investigations did I manage to find person/company responsible, by asking around finding a witness and also obtained a copy of a delivery note to prove they were in the area when the incident happened (they had already denied it to the police, then I gave police evidence, then they admitted it...hahaha!) #dogwithabone. Got a 1300 payout for a 700 car (including loss of use and bus fare reimbursement!). At the time, I think I bought a new cooker and fridge for my ex, then I bought the 2nd hand t-rex and DX6i with the remainder.

I'm remaining hopeful that when this claim is settled, I maybe able to afford a treat or two from it

Old 04-14-2014, 07:37 PM   #9017
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cheer up, buddy, sometimes when it rains it pours... On the upside, it just has to get better from here, there is no way it could get any worse
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #9018
copterboy
Registered Users

Cheers Jerry. I now live by murphys law - if something can go wrong, it will. So surprisingly I'm not down about it!! My life is just full of daily twists and turns being self-employed, it's hard to plan for anything and I've just learnt to roll with it.

Found out today my mum hasn't got lung cancer, so that is definately a positive and great relief. But sadly, one of my dad's friends who I used to go windsurfing with passed away Saturday evening. They've been friends since 1957, so he's always been a part of my life on occasions and his sense of humour will be missed!

The bathroom job from hell is almost done!! Hopefully will get earlier finishes for rest of week now - didn't finish till 11.30pm tonight!! I've declared the leaking whirlpool bath faulty. I've tried all the tricks of the trade on it and it's still leaking. There is 1 more thing to try, but it is a 2 man job - I will have to do that with 'the boss' - one holding the waste underneath the bath applying upward pressure, whilst someone screws in the plug from on top. I think the problem is that on my own, I just cannot get enough torque to get the washers to make a good water tight seal, even with additional plumbers putty. If the 2 man approach doesn't work, it will have to be returned and swapped for a new one!! However, that's not my responsibility, the customer supplied it - I beleive it's a manufacturers fault with the moulding of the plughole. I can now leave them to test everything else and request the final payment So 1 more visit once the customer argues the toss with their supplier, then I'm free of it. Plus, I don't have to pay for the van's MOT this week, so I'm 50 quid up from that, and I don't have to buy a new toilet seat - so my profit margin remains intact, apart from the extra 4 days labour, diesel and a few misc plumbing parts.

Just got to work out how to get this 2nd bathroom done this week, and I can hopefully still get some time off next week, with a bit of cash too! Sort of moved back outside now it's getting warmer, so the CAT5 cable project is becoming a priority again!!

Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 AM   #9019
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

JHC! Sorry to hear all about this, Denis! Hang in there, April is almost over.
Old Today, 12:33 AM   #9020
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Well, round 2 starts tomorrow.
Weather is just going to be perfect.
New props on the Hexa, ( talk about having one's head up their ass. The reason it tipped over on takeoff was because I had it in manual mode. Manual = squirrelly.

Think I have the tracker working now, but haven't tested it yet.

The penguin elevator was a simple fix! At work we have this super nice fiberglass tape that is teflon coated.
I just removed the elevator and trimmed it. Next, with my finger I applied a 1 inch wide coating of superglue on the foam surface. Then trim up the tape and stuck her on. Absolutely perfect and still a seamless hinge.
Just got to remember tomorrow to make it nose heavy.

So, as soon as I get.my ass out of bed, never an easy thing to do on this stupid shift, I'll pick up my best friend and.fishing partner and head up to Rabbit Mountain, between Longmont and Lions.
It's not really a mountain, just what we call a foothill caused by ice age erosion. Pretty cool place, nothing around for.miles and miles and lots of open terrain that we can easily drive up to a wreck site if necessary.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP