START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 09-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #9381
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well if it were any other chore that would be precisely what was going on.

However, when it comes to the grass, it's my domain, and it is I that becomes frustrated, and possibly even slightly stressed, when I can't resotre it to nicely mown lines, for whatever reason.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #9382
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Wow!

First off, I'm back to work now,,, and it sucks just as bad as I remember it. Who the hell came up with this idea of working for a living? Probably the first rich bastard became greedy and figured out how to screw everybody.

Ranger news. None yet. Waiting for Jim to get back to me. I could go fly her, but will wait until I get the new file.
Everything now works, even tested return to land, though I took back manual control before landing.
The only issue I have left with her is in aided mode. She waddles on ailreon, kind of like ol' Sutt when he gets a pint or two in him! :roll Kind of annoying when flying fpv.
Ok, truth is I have another problem, not acft related but grounds me none the less.
After a Windows update, my cpu will not stay on longer than a few minutes!!!

The Penguin.
My only test with the new Cobra motor was mixed success. She flys, but thrust is marginal.
This prompted me to purchase another motor that I just put on, a Tiger Motor, AT-3520/6 730kv. This gives me about 700grams more thrust, enough to combat wind easily.
Time will need to be computed under actual flight conditions, but I still expect about 45 minutes of flight using a 12 inch prop vs a 9 inch.
I had an issue last flight. Happened once before, thought it was because I did not secure the battery and it shifted, but after this last issue I'm now leaning to my Guardian stabilizer locking out!
Would love to hook up to it and see if there is a firmware upgrade, but my damn cpu is dead!
None the less, rhumor has it that my that my Vector will arrive in a couple weeks, finally.
As this thing is now capable for some extreme long range flights now, it's time to have rth capability. After all, after half an hour who wants to fly home when you can just flip a switch, grab a beer and just kick back in my new portable Barcolounger and enjoy the view back!

I'll take her back out again before that, probably tomorrow, for some mid range fun.
The questionable lock out, I think can be prevented by letting her boot up, unplug and boot up again.
Worth a try.
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM   #9383
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds reasonable to me. Let us know how it goes. As for the ETV WOOOO HOOOO! The wait has been an eternity this is going to be a long 2 weeks.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450 DFC, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450 FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Heli Yea! is online now        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #9384
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

That's a fact, Jack!
Truth is, everything I have found says this thing flys fine right out of the box and I know from personal observation that it flys phenominal after tuning.

Depending on what I find when I strip down the Hexa, I may well be looking at replacing the WKM with a second one of these.

People I know and personally trust who do extreme long range, keep telling me that after trying everything out there they keep comming back to EagleTree.

I'm getting stoked!
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #9385
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Me too! I can hardly wait and Im not even getting it. LOL
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450 DFC, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450 FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #9386
copterboy
Registered Users

Glad to hear the knee is getting better Tom

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM   #9387
copterboy
Registered Users

Was just about to go out for a fly, as it was nice a calm afternoon to go test the last adjustments I made, but found my TX batts need charging Got a day off tomorrow Hopefully I'll do better and try to share the results!!

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM   #9388
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You missed a good day Denis. Pity about that. If you use a lipo for your Tx, you can charge them in less than an hour. Is it not a lipo?

I had my mate come round, and I had my quad just sitting there on its own, with the Tx on the floor next to him, where he was taking photos. I said, go on, just push that right hand stick forward a bit, and you are flying. He refused, he would not touch my Tx. Refused to be responsible for a crash. I was even just pushing it, bit by bit, saying, go on, but he wouldn't. Should have some good photos though. I'll post 'em up if there are any good ones.

Look forward to your further exploits guys.

Cheers

Sutty
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #9389
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Perfect afternoon to fly here, too!

Stupid me, tipped a few to many before bed, now I feel like my head is an 8ball just ready to be smacked!

Ohhh, I hurt!
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #9390
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thats too bad Tom it is georgous out. I just finished up and I taking my heli to the park! Im going to bring 4x 2200's and 2x 5200's YEAH BUDDY!
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #9391
copterboy
Registered Users

I'm back on the DX6i sutty, so it only has 4x1300mahAA ni-mh's that take a good few hrs to cook. I just had a quick look in the battery compartment and it looks pretty easy to mod and solder on a new connector, but it won't fit the DX8 li-po. Don't know the name of the connector type either, or if its a HH special that not generally available. So I could use the DX8 li-po battery, but I would have to buy the connector first

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #9392
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Was in NYC last weekend for a Polish-American picninc organized by my friends in the state park 50 miles north of the city. Can you picture 50+ Polish guys and gals all 50ish or even 60tish slighltly inebriated singing in the woods? Scary lol. Got myself a Horizon Hobby Champ foamy and was learning to fly a plank so to say; had a blast and flew 7-8 batteries; got a bunch of msr batteries dusted off for the occasion, the thing flies on the same tiny lipos
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #9393
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

You might be surprised to hear me admit this, but for me truth is for pure relaxing fun flying, after learning to fly just about everything that I can throw in the air, I just can't beat a plane. For that accomplished feeling, nothing beats a srh.
For fun, accomplishment and that adrenalin rush, a multi is it!
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM   #9394
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Just sent Jim a request for changes to return to land.

This thing is impossible to stall. All it will do is slightly teeter its wings and parachute gently.In rtl mode, I want her to come in to home normally at altitude, at about a 1/4 mile out lower slowly to 150 feet. At 300 feet out, deploy full flaps and just above stall gently parachute land into a tight quarter.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM   #9395
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
You might be surprised to hear me admit this, but for me truth is for pure relaxing fun flying, after learning to fly just about everything that I can throw in the air, I just can't beat a plane. For that accomplished feeling, nothing beats a srh.
For fun, accomplishment and that adrenalin rush, a multi is it!
Yeah After today's efforts I feel great! I just love this 450DFC! The bells and whistles have really paid off. In general I just love the 'chop' of the blades on SRH! Gov mode is really kickass and gives a nice 'chop' They get my blood pumping! The Quad is also badass! I'll admit I even have a lot of fun flying it los! It makes my day when I can get it out.
Old Today, 07:01 AM   #9396
copterboy
Registered Users

Just fired a quick email to HH to get the issue reported with the DX8. Lets see how it goes

Old Today, 07:46 AM   #9397
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Crikey moses. I'd have done that on the day I discovered the issue, lol. I know you're a busy lad, but hell, it's your DX8!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP