Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 12-19-2014, 12:42 AM   #9501
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Ready.

My TX is all set got 3 different govs on Idel up switch and 3 different feels on mix switch sport, 3D, and Bert K. Yeah I meant the stick calibration due to shifting endpoints for the VX1e.
The SS program is fantastic and very user friendy and in plain english too. Arrow was good in datapod.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450L w/VX1e, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450L w/APM FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white w/2km range!
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #9502
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, that's cool. If you use the ESC governor you can do a crossover mix like that. I think the BertK videos go through that method. Believe it or not no one had thought of that, in that it had never been mentioned in the forum, at all, until Bert's videos came out.

When you govern from the Vortex that possibility will be gone, as the bank switching for style will take the governed value with it.

I'm going to pose that question in the forum now. It might be possible to adjust head speed based on a Tx based value on a different channel, utilising the remote tuning feature. That would be cool.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #9503
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Time for lift off!

Ive gone over everything twice and I turned off the gov mode as per request of the manual for inital flights. Im going to maiden hover it now!

BTW I added my thinking over there so correct me if Im wrong.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450L w/VX1e, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450L w/APM FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white w/2km range!
Old 12-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #9504
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default FANTASTIC!!

It flys great! I can see where some fine tuning of cyclic/tail gains could help but I dont see it needing much. I think a proper rate mode setup and the tail would be perfect but it works great as is! I tried sport and 3D. Sport felt like my 3dh setup 3D is wicked fast on cyclic so I chickened out trying BertK. BTW I left cyclic max @12* and the others ail/ele @8* which are default and were all spot on so I didnt mess w/it.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #9505
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Goodo.
Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM   #9506
copterboy
Registered Users

Good to hear your back up and running Chad

Likewise, I have now installed the new switch HH sent me a while back, but I put it on the AUX2 switch instead of replacing the GYRO/FLAP switch as I originally intended. Just incase the dodgy swtich was part of the TX glitching problem experienced last week.

I've had 4 good sessions on the SIM now and the DX8 glitching problem has not re-occured. I've even tested the timer(BIND) button, as I realised that also made the same noise. Despite checking, I could find nothing wrong with it or the dial. So I'm going to go ahead today and bind it, program the ESC and re-program the 3DH unit. Weather forecast says its going to blow for the next few days, so will just have to sit tight and wait for a better day to maiden it!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM   #9507
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You're telling me. I hate the wind with a passion. It's putting me off flying and a whole bunch of other outside jobs. It's the fact that it makes you cold that is the main problem. I try not to even go outside in the wind during the winter months.
Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM   #9508
copterboy
Registered Users

I know, doesn't seem as bad out there as they promised, but I'll be staying in anyway! At least tomorrow is winter solstice, and we can start looking forward to the longer days again

After fitting my new TX switch, I was looking at the 2 damaged switches I had leftover. Then I thought, if that one is sticking, there's a problem with the rocker, but the shaft is straight. And the one with the bent shaft, rocks ok, but just has a bent shaft. Maybe I am able to put the two good halfs together and make another working switch? So, I got a small flathead screwdriver, prised apart each switch and put the 2 good bits together! Seems to have worked a treat

Now all I have to do is pull apart my TX again like I did this morning, and do the other switch

Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #9509
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice one Denis. Always good to save a little money and avoid the task of sourcing a replacement by making good from bad. I absolutely love doing things like that.

As for the wind not being as bad as they said. It's bad enough.

Gonna try and make a video now on the use of Studio X software for saving settings on the MicroBeast.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #9510
copterboy
Registered Users

Funny thing is Andy, these switches are not available as a spare, so they don't cost anything. But it is hard to get hold of them. They (HH) only issued one to me, as they take them from units that are sent back for repair or refurb, so I was told by the contact I had with HH.

I suspect they didn't send me the extra 2 I asked for (one for me and one for you), and they were not lost in the post. So I would have had to write to them again, cap in hand. Thankfully, now I don't need to, but that means I'll not get a spare one to send on to you Andy!

It's easy enough to get a replacement on-off-on switch at Maplins, but the stick part is much shorter than the OEM. I found it much harder to reach when your concentrating on flying! Hence why I wanted the original switch. Anyway, both switches have been tested via monitor screen, and all good now.

Having a knightmare programming the ESC Suspecting I could have bought the wrong programming card. Have sent off a query to the supplier, but will be at least Monday before I get a reply. So for now I'll push on a do it via the sticks!

Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #9511
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Denis, sticks is a piece of piss, once it clicks. I've done the whole thing with mine. Took a while to click, but once it does it's super easy.

Send the programmer back for a refund if possible, it's of no use, lol. If you want I can call and talk you through it, if it isn't clicking, to save you trying to make sense of the badly written instructions.

Make sure you get the pdf version, and blow it up on your screen, so you're not squinting at that piece of paper.

Cheers

Sutty
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #9512
copterboy
Registered Users

Thanks for the offer Andy, but I should be ok. Programmed via sticks before, so expecting it will be similar to the previous ones I owned.

Had a quick food break, and got as far as binding the DX8 and program throttle range. So now I'll get stuck into the rest of it

Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM   #9513
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default The ol' switcheroo.

Dennis/Andy Walkera sells long/short 2/3 way replacement switches. Ive seen em at ehirobo/com. Ive had no complaints w/my switches and they all(6) get fair useage.
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #9514
copterboy
Registered Users

Rest of ESC programmed. Took a while to keep up with the beeps, but you soon get the hang of it once you realise it repeats the beeps for the last option before going onto the next setting. For now I only changed from default settings the Auto abort startup to 5 seconds, and the flight mode to heli gov off. Will try motor timing and PWM freq. after 1st flight.

Just remembered - need to change TX's TH value to 15%, so it won't invoke the slow start. Done that before I forget, now onto the FBL unit and another beer

Old Today, 04:50 AM   #9515
copterboy
Registered Users

@Chad - thanks for the tip. Didn't see your post until this morning, as we almost posted at the same time! I'll have to have a nosey at them! EDIT : Found them...20mm version 5 bucks each!

I've done the 3DH programming now, but I think I missed something at step G, and step J is right on the line between red and blue. It'll just need a quick going over this morning from step G, to set 0 degree's pitch properly!!

I removed the 15% TH setting for now also, as I'm not actually using the GOV mode yet. I'm using normal heli mode whilst I complete the setup, so having 15% TH, means you get 15% throttle! Good job I left that motor backed off

Old Today, 03:26 PM   #9516
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Im betting that releives the worries of a boy with rowdy fingers.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP