Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default iOS Bugs

So I think I've found a bug or two in the iOS app but I don't know if I can replicate it.

Was demoing my DPL & Bump to my flying buddies in the gym.

Had an oops with the 180 heli so had to discharge 6 packs with the DPL & Bump. I connected each one and selected "Storage Charge" Well, the first pack (Gens Ace 3s 450) went fine. I had 10C discharge rate programmed so about 4:30 to get to storage charge.

I noticed that when I went to set up the 2nd pack (a Pulse 3s 450), I had accidentally pre-programmed that battery with a discharge rate of 1C. That was obviously not going to work so I drilled down in the settings to change the discharge rate to 10C and bumped the pack to save the change.

Well after this, the DPL & Bump seemed to be functioning correctly however the iOS app on my iPhone (5s running 10.2.1) kept trying to upload battery history. I let it go several times but it never went back to the start/charger screen. I also tried to select the upload later box but it would just disappear and then come back within 10-15 seconds.

I tried quitting the app several times as well as rebooting the phone.

I also power cycled the charger & bump but the issue wouldn't go away.

Now that I'm home, I tried it again and it was still acting the same. I then deleted the app and re-downloaded it. That seemed to fix it.

It is possible that walking far away (beyond BT range) and then back within range several times, I may have had a glitch at the gym but here at home I don't have an explanation why is was still stuck cycling between the standby screen and uploading battery history.

I also got the Safety Code 55 Lost Data Link warning screen on the bump. Not sure why.

I've added a few pics just for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3704.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	698674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3706.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	698675   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3707.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	698676   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3708.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	698677   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3709.jpg
Views:	36
ID:	698678  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3710.jpg
Views:	36
ID:	698679  
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for reporting Dave.

Coming in and out of BT range could be triggering the bug, but it is normal/expected behavior so not something you should try to avoid, just something we need to find and fix. Our beta team has already been doing lots of that range/reconnect testing so kinda surprised that you're seeing a problem ... then again, that's how it goes - as soon as it gets released, customers always find new problems that you never imagined

If you ever see any issues, go to the menu -> Debug and take screenshots of what is going on in the Debug logs - it will make it much easier and faster to isolate the bug if I can see exactly whats happening under the hood - the screenshots of the progress bar don't really give me much useful info.

We will do more testing to try to reproduce, but given amount of testing already performed, I'm afraid the odds of us being able to reproduce are pretty slim, so capturing those Debug logs will be key if it happens again.

CAUTION: Anytime you uninstall and reinstall the app, you're going to lose your battery history data. The app will soon have backup/restore implemented, but there currently isn't any way to protect against that, so if you run into problems you can't work around, I will work with you individually to resolve the problem ASAP *without* uninstalling the app - that will preserve your data and also get the bug resolved quickly since I can see exactly what is happening.
RevoKelly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the Link Lost error, that will be completely unrelated to the upload history issue.

Have you confirmed that the Bump is not one of those initial 100 units which had noise filtering problems ?

Remind me - what power supply are you using ?
Old 03-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, one other question - when the Link Lost error occurred, what were the connected charger(s) doing ? charging, discharging, idle ??
Old 03-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Understood. Thanks for your help.

I don't think it's even close to those initial units. I just purchased the DPL and Bump new, about 6 weeks ago. Is there a way to confirm?

Power supply is a Meanwell 12v 17A. I can get the exact model later if you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
For the Link Lost error, that will be completely unrelated to the upload history issue.

Have you confirmed that the Bump is not one of those initial 100 units which had noise filtering problems ?

Remind me - what power supply are you using ?
Old 03-14-2017, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, I don't remember for sure but might have been discharging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Sorry, one other question - when the Link Lost error occurred, what were the connected charger(s) doing ? charging, discharging, idle ??
Old 03-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

One other tip I forgot to mention ...

If you ever run into problems where history upload isn't completing properly, or the Bump just has so much history cached that you don't want to wait for it and would rather just delete it, you can do so on the Bump Controller by going into settings -> Clear History Cache.

This won't affect anything stored in the app, just clears/resets the local cache on the Bump Controller.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I'll try that if it happens again. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Kelly.

I'm not sure if this is something you need to know but...

Upon starting 2 small 3s 450mAh packs and using my iPad Air (iOS 10.2.1) Right when I started the app and connected via BT, the app started trying to upload battery info.

I waited and it was taking about 30 seconds to go 5%. I hit cancel and the screen was replaced with the standard startup screen only to switch back to uploading battery history.

I went into the Bump and unchecked "upload batt history" and all is good now.

It just seems there's something going on with the process of uploading prior batt charge history and the app's regular startup screen.

I could just leave the batt history reporting feature off but once the season starts, I'll want to keep track of my 6s 5000mAh and 4000mAh packs.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for reporting, Dave. Another user told me about that bug also - it will get fixed in the next release. It shouldn't attempt to download again until the app is restarted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in