Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
jlsider@rogers.com
Registered Users

Default blade 400 training gear

Hey guys,

Well my buddy just bought a blade 400 last night, but because he is a noob still, he requires some landing gear. Any good ideas on how to make some up?

Any ideas appreciated!

Jer

PS. I was thinking of just cutting some 1/4" dowel, and attaching some ping pong balls on the ends?
jlsider@rogers.com is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
HeliMix
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not trying to be a smart donkey or anything, but a quick search in the B400 threads and else where will give you a ton of ideas. I have some photos in my photo album of how I made mine and there is a thread here some where on how I did it.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
Swashmix
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is mine.
http://www.helifreak.com/attachment....9&d=1213496708

Just keep the materials light.
Swashmix is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
xspare
Registered Users

Start with a 48" long 0.240" diameter carbon fibre tube. Cut it in half with a hacksaw, clean up the ends, and mark the middle of each tube with a sharpie.

Get some 2" open cell foam balls from a craft/sewing/flower store. Use a ball point pen to start a hole, then sink them all the way onto the ends of the tubes. Remove balls, slop some carpenter's glue on the ends of the tube, replace balls and let dry.

First tube goes behind and under the aft left strut, then in front of and over the forward right strut. Cable tie it in place, center it, then give it two wraps of electrical tape to keep it from slipping fore and aft.

Second tube goes behind and under the aft right strut, then in front of and under the forward left strut. Cable tie in place, center it, then give it two wraps of electrical tape to keep it from slipping fore and aft.

$15 and 15 minutes later... good enuf. takes abuse.
xspare is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
KHoff7
Registered Users

Blade co gear works pretty good for me. Not very big but a lot better than nothing
KHoff7 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters