Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
justin keaton
Registered Users

Question super vibration in tail with torque tube?

hey guys out of 5 torque tubes and 2 new assemblys i think im done with the torque tube on 500. 600 is awesome but i cant seem to get the 500 dialed in. i have glued the bearing at 226 and all arund that and flipped the tube both ways and tried many tail blades and replaced tail rotor blade holders, just to find the problem and still it vibrates so hard the screws back out the boom support and tail.also i have even put 2 of the torque tube bearings on the tube and still didnt stop! so today i switch the torque tube assembly out and put my belt drive assembly on and all vibration is gone, so it has to be the bearing position or the torque tube just wont work at high rpms? i dont know so if anyone has had this problem and fixed it please let me know. because i have several new torqu tubes and plenty of front and rear gears,and would really like to use them. just because the torque tube is so easy to vhange in a crash. thanks FREAKS
justin keaton is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
dieselracer
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin keaton View Post
hey guys out of 5 torque tubes and 2 new assemblys i think im done with the torque tube on 500. 600 is awesome but i cant seem to get the 500 dialed in. i have glued the bearing at 226 and all arund that and flipped the tube both ways and tried many tail blades and replaced tail rotor blade holders, just to find the problem and still it vibrates so hard the screws back out the boom support and tail.also i have even put 2 of the torque tube bearings on the tube and still didnt stop! so today i switch the torque tube assembly out and put my belt drive assembly on and all vibration is gone, so it has to be the bearing position or the torque tube just wont work at high rpms? i dont know so if anyone has had this problem and fixed it please let me know. because i have several new torqu tubes and plenty of front and rear gears,and would really like to use them. just because the torque tube is so easy to vhange in a crash. thanks FREAKS
I had the same thing happen to me. You need to take apart the tail housing and look at the tail shaft bearings. They will probably just fall off where they are supposed to be pressed into. You need to Glue the bearings outer race into the TT side plates. What happens when you run high RPM,is that the Out side of the bearing will spin too causing a huge Vibe. I ended up using some Ca to hold the bearings onto plate. I think Align left that a little too big and the bearing fits loose onto the side plates.
dieselracer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
justin keaton
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks man ill try that tomorrow. im loving this smooth running belt right now haha lol. but thanks never thought of that!
justin keaton is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.