Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

Old 08-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #61
MiniBichus
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
It is too expensive and too bulky for RC applications. This unit is not a single component; it uses multiple components inside to build a sensor module. We can just as easy and more economically build a similar unit from single axis sensors with it's own processor to provide the data in an easily usable interface.

As for sensors, I have registered my interest with all existing gyro sensor manufacturers and I am aware even of products that have not hit the market yet.

-Angelos
Looks like the Spartan DS870 will be coming out soon! Did you ever got to finish the DS650? (the entry level model?)

MB.
MiniBichus is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #62
ChibiHeli
Registered Users

I'm a Chinese guy looking for a gyro and just found this story of Spartan and clone, soll called PG-800, it's really a shame...

But there is no local dealer sells Spartan gyros here in China, dear Angelos would you solve this out?
ChibiHeli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #63
Angelos
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiHeli View Post
But there is no local dealer sells Spartan gyros here in China, dear Angelos would you solve this out?
There isn't anything for me to do. It is up to the shops to contact us and express an interest in carrying our products. Incidentally our dealer in Taiwan has stock of the ds760 now.

-Angelos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Angelos is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:48 AM   #64
TorqueTube
Registered Users

Personally I think the clone would be a waste of time in respect that Spartan can give great customer service and are actually interested in the end user. Keep up the good work Spartan!
TorqueTube is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #65
Heli-RND
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiHeli View Post
I'm a Chinese guy looking for a gyro and just found this story of Spartan and clone, soll called PG-800, it's really a shame...

Yes you do have a dealer in China, I am in HK which is part of China and I can ship from Shenzhen. you can email me at info@heli-rnd.com or simply PM me

PS, it is really a shame, when I met the guy who cloned it, I found out he also copycat GForce product and a 450 heli, then he allege he invented all these ... Shame

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- we ship worldwide free; SK 720, SK 360, DS 760, GyroBot .....mostly FBL only, the good products only

Heli-RND is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #66
AviatorsAnonymous
Registered Users

The thing is that we are living in a wall-mart world now where price is king.
I'd be willing to bet that most of the items at wall-mart are copies, yet you don't see anyone up in arms about it. Those that aren't ripoffs are certainly Made In China.

The products my company makes were poorly copied by a chinese company (Integy) who has a reputation for copying American products yet no one does a thing about it, in fact, consumers flock to Integy because their stuff is half the price, even though it doesn't last because it's poorly made.
At one time when I investigated their product line I found 80% of the items they sell are as close to exact duplicates of American products as I could find. Likely if I'd spent more time on it I'd have found the original makers of the other 20% too.

Also, for the guy in China who wants products like this, you have to consider the disparity in income between westerners and Chinese locals, it's huge. That Chinese product in China is likely considerably less expensive making it affordable to someone with that income.

Yes, it's shameful that these copies happen, but it's totally systemic. Caused in part because China does not respect patents & copyrights, but even if officially they did I highly doubt they'd enforce it because the disparity of income would put these items out of reach for their population.

The have-nots want what the have's have and until the tremendous divide between the two is equalized we'll have this type of problem.
This is not just isolated to manufacturing and China either. It's a worldwide problem.
It used to be that the table was very long and wide with a high wall between the starving and the gluttons, today the table is small and narrow and the wall is gone and those who are starving can easily see what the wealthy have they want it for themselves too.
IMHO this is the root cause of the terrorism today.

I don't have answers to this problem, but I can certainly see why it's happening.

Perhaps Spartan could license their technology to this Chinese company and in some way be a part of the solution...

Current addiction: Align 250, 2x 450s, 500,12s 600e, 700e CX2 and several 3D planks.
AviatorsAnonymous is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #67
jurassic5
Registered Users

If someone could send me one chinese spartan copy, I will be happy to hammer it on new eve's year

I'll keep my genuine ds 760 on my T450.

Cédric
Old 12-22-2008, 04:23 AM   #68
MarkWebber
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You have a heli you don't like? It just might hammer on you right back. ha ha
Old 12-24-2008, 02:56 AM   #69
crash1000
Registered Users

if I coudnt buy the spartan, I would go for the 2100T or gy401. At least I know they work. I dont want a spartan that just looks like one, I want the reall spartan as it work like a spartan cheap is always expensive in the end.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:11 AM   #70
MarkWebber
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
cheap is always expensive in the end.
Funny but, isn't that always the way?
Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 AM   #71
crash1000
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWebber View Post
Funny but, isn't that always the way?
not anymore... I have learned my lessons.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:45 AM   #72
Raptor-Spy
Registered Users

I guess that the Clones are in Germany now, but why cant i get a Spartan in Germany ??? No one has it on Stock !!! And why is it so expensive over here ??
Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #73
Cameron_S
Registered Users

Default Cyclone Gyro

Well it looks like the new CyCLONE gyro is this clone of the spartan. I am guess someone is importing them and re badging them with a different name. The programmer looks neat but I am sure the components are cheap.

http://www.rcheliresource.com/breaki...o-coming-soon/

Angelos: Will a programmer be released for the DS760?

Thanks,
Cameron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_mg_5336.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	75921  
Cameron_S is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #74
Big Fil
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting thing in that photo is that the have a Spartan gyro mounted directly below it.

Big Fil is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #75
Cameron_S
Registered Users

must have tested them head to head
Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #76
MarkWebber
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nah, they just forgot to hide the ds760 better so you thought the cheapy was doing the work.

rcheliresource must be as cheap as the product line...the site doesn't even work.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #77
Cameron_S
Registered Users

Well this thread closed which was all about the new cyCLONE gyro.
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=112589

Cameron
Old 02-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #78
brian94066
Registered Users

My HF Map location

why are you guys bashing on the PG800 if you guys never tried it

for the same price of the G7703D you can get this gyro and it is FAR MORE superior

i cant tell a difference between it and the spartan other than programming capabilities
brian94066 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #79
raptorheli2
Registered Users

good to know you like buying copies and putting money in the pockets of those that steal rather than those that push the hobby.

cheers
raptorheli2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #80
teshreve
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Testing:
http://www.**************.com

teshreve is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support