Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #1681
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I punched the throttle and as you could hear, it chomped the main gear. I need some new skids, linkages and main gear. I tried to auto the best I could but, I didn't have my throttle hold set up, I still have that switch for rate mode. It did however save me a lot of damage. I think I'll lower the throttle response in my ESC from high to low or medium because it seems like my motor has a shit ton of torque. Another fact is the 94T MG strips easily because of the small diameter. The 6s setup maxes out throttle at 70% and so it never really reaches the power-band of the motor. It also didn't strip on a full throttle punch. The 4s setup maxes at 100% throttle and is 75% mid-stick so it is running within the power-band. Power the band does have I'd say, perhaps too much. I may also try to lower the TC on the 4s to max at 90% to lower the torque/speed change when punching it. Any other suggestions?
Belt'ish CP MG90's,704A/S3114,CX head,HDX3550/Align 35G/HDX 500 SAH:-) HS-82MG's,G401B/BMS-631MG,HDX850/Align 60G,6s lipo /Hirobo Shuttle ZX .30 /Walkera 4#3B/Falcon40/Lama V3 DX6iThank you kind gents! :-)
Heli Yea! is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #1682
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@ Sutty Nope I never flipped the switch I have only tried her in normal mode. This has happened to me before. I just may also look into the delrin MG but the damn things are $20 ea. I also might consider modding the frame to accommodate a 140T MG.
Belt'ish CP MG90's,704A/S3114,CX head,HDX3550/Align 35G/HDX 500 SAH:-) HS-82MG's,G401B/BMS-631MG,HDX850/Align 60G,6s lipo /Hirobo Shuttle ZX .30 /Walkera 4#3B/Falcon40/Lama V3 DX6iThank you kind gents! :-)
Old 04-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #1683
copterboy
Registered Users

Enjoyed the vids upto the inevitable!! Some nice flying, she seemed to enjoy spreading her wings at the park, that's for sure.

I'm not versed in the gearing ratio's of a 500, so can't offer any advice on that - other than go get a cold one out of the fridge and take a fresh look in the morning!!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #1684
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh, okay, then that really explains it then. Glad the damage isn't too bad. Good job minimising the damage under the circumstances.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #1685
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bad luck, Chad
A question: any reason why you're flying in normal mode?

I always match normal and idle-up curves in the upper half, take off in normal mode if I don't have a decent soft start on ESC and flip it to idle-up as soon as I'm in the air. With a better ESCs I flip straight from TH to idle-up on the ground, wait for the rotor to spool up and take-off.

The net result is actually less strain on the gears and much butter collective authority, 2 for the price of 1.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #1686
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Bad luck, Chad
A question: any reason why you're flying in normal mode?

I always match normal and idle-up curves in the upper half, take off in normal mode if I don't have a decent soft start on ESC and flip it to idle-up as soon as I'm in the air. With a better ESCs I flip straight from TH to idle-up on the ground, wait for the rotor to spool up and take-off.

The net result is actually less strain on the gears and much butter collective authority, 2 for the price of 1.
No real reason. I fly both modes but I usually fly in idle up. I have a "traditional" setup, meaning no throttle hold, Rate mode on that switch, PC normal L-4, M+4 H+11 Idle+/-11 TC normal 0,75,100 idel 100,80,100. I guess just cause I'm still in the testing and tuning. I'm going to set up my throttle hold ASAP, but I'll keep the rate mode on TH to center the slider before take off. I do have a good soft start perhaps soft start w/gov mode is the answer for the 4s setup. I'd better get on the solution I have 2 spare MGs from the last order. I also have 2 4s 3700's on the way. I ordered the 4s 3000 and got that a week or so ago. I wanted to try a 4s setup as this is the stock config 4s w/24T pinion. The other reason is the 4s is lighter than 6s. I have to ziptie a big ass lawnmower blade washer to the horizontal fin to balance her out with the 6s. You may see in vid 2 the blue tounge sticking out on the heli. That is the 4s pushed way forward and sticking out the nose.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:28 PM   #1687
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

I run 6s on my hc frame, ( same damn thing, just different lettering ).

140t is a must have and shouldn't have any problems with 4s.

Mine, different story, stripped her out before doing an extreme braking maneuver.

I was thinking that something didn't look the same when you took off? Didn't listen to it, but something was off right after you start moving forward.

Anyway, glad to see some decent quality vid's!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #1688
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
Enjoyed the vids up to the inevitable!! Some nice flying, she seemed to enjoy spreading her wings at the park, that's for sure.

I'm not versed in the gearing ratio's of a 500, so can't offer any advice on that - other than go get a cold one out of the fridge and take a fresh look in the morning!!
She does like the open air and I really enjoyed flying her. No biggie on the fail. I can deal with failing parts much better than a failing pilot. This is "REAL LIFE" things don't always go your way, as you well know. I'm just happy to have her in the air after such a long break. Celebrate the small victories. Great advise Dennis! Time to celebrate another small victory! On my way to the fridge now! I'll get er back flying soon when I have some time to. Work season has kicked in hard. Money is rolling in. My B-DAY is coming. By law 30 days of possession after posting a found ITEM its yours. So you may have read but I found a Quad. Not just any quad a DJI phantom 2 with brush-less gimbal and Gopro 3+ black edition. That's why the vids are so nice now. The 30 days is up on my birthday!!! There's lots of small victories. You can't dwell on downers when you are busy celebrating.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:15 AM   #1689
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post

Mine, different story, stripped her out before doing an extreme braking maneuver.

I was thinking that something didn't look the same when you took off? Didn't listen to it, but something was off right after you start moving forward.

I think the HC frame has a bigger triangular hole where the MG goes. The SAH frame would need some widening to fit the 140T MG. I checked with a Blade 400 MG which is 140t but It wont fit. I'm gonna order one anyway and see whats up. Yeah I really like the GP too.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:30 AM   #1690
copterboy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
So you may have read but I found a Quad. Not just any quad a DJI phantom 2 with brush-less gimbal and Gopro 3+ black edition. That's why the vids are so nice now. The 30 days is up on my birthday!!!
I had read you found the quad, but must have been so tired the details didn't sink in...Talk about fate!! Damn nice find if you get to keep her

Secretly been wanting to upgrade to a 500, or a warp360, but it's just another thing on my long list of want to do's. Will have to buy a heap of new 6S packs along with the heli's, so it's not gonna come cheap or very soon!! I find my 450 is a bit small when it's on the backside of a circuit, so I'm conluding bigger must be better in this case!!

Good to see you back and back in the air. Now I just have to get my sh*t sorted!!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #1691
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post

I just ordered the 140T MG, another 94T MG, along with Align 500 upgrade set green (skids tail blades and paddles), more yellow KBDD tail blades, 430mm fiberglass main blades, and some mixer arms for the Belt. I should be back in the air by the weekend! I have two 94T MGs already so a third won't hurt, in case my sexy girl wants to be a stripper. Anybody got any singles? I seemed to have put all mine under her belt.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #1692
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hey honey come and give me a last lap dance. $$$

Well now I just pulled the trigger on 2 of these. 40 bucks ouch!

http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...roducts_id/584

I hope this, along with raising the mid point in my TC, lowering throttle response in the ESC to low will unlearn her of this stripping habit with the 4S setup.
Old Today, 07:52 AM   #1693
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well just in case she still hasn't quite got the message, and tears up your new one, a flat or at least virtually flat throttle curve in idle up, and the ESC set to soft start, allowing you to go straight from TH to idle up, will prevent her from flexing her muscles like that in the future.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP