Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
HeliSmith
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default OS .91HZ, Align .91H "like OS .91 SZ-H" mixture needle positions.

Ok all I really have to go off of is the internet. At 2.5 turns high and low it seems rich and this is the break in if I am reading the manual right. At 2 turns out and the mid needle closed all the way or at 2 turns like the high needle it gets hot quick but seems to run great.

Where am I supposed to be? Do these things just run a bit hotter? Uncomfortable on the back plate in 4 or 5 seconds at 1 minute of 1872 HS. I shut it down I need to figure out what's up.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
Mike Fortin

My HF Map location

There is no way to tell you what your needle settings should be. I don't think there are any 2 motors that have the same settings.

You simply have to go by sound and feel.

My needles are at 1 1/2 on the high and 1 1/4 on the low. I am running 1980 on the head and motor is around 205 degrees.

There are many variables such altitude, atmospheric conditions, fuel, pipe etc...
Mike Fortin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
HeliSmith
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I know I just wanted to hear other settings so I can understand how people are using the high and mid or mid at all. Cool thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #4
captain crash
Registered Users

Hi, my hz seems to be making good power, but i am a bit lost, as to what range, each needle covers.
does the mid range go from 1/4 to 3/4 ? and where does the top end start kicking in?????
thank you Derek
captain crash is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.