View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bradley Jones
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobyjimmie View Post
Your using your rubber blade holder as the attachment point for your Iphone level right? Your Iphone level is rubber banded to that blade holder. How do you know that the Iphone and the blade holder are sync'd up perfectly without a second level or a square to check it. You could have rubber banded your Iphone on crooked!
I don't think you understand. You place the flat of the phone on the boom and hit calibrate, this calls the boom 0 pitch and it is coming off the flat of the phone now. Then when it is rigged up you keep the flat of the phone on the flat of the blade and at zero pitch it should read zero. If the level has been calibrated then why would I need another level. The level isn't supposed to be "level" it's supposed to be zero pitched to the boom. trust me, ready heli sells digital pitch gauges that function just like this actually exactly like this and you don't level a level. man that sounds confusing written out.