View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #60 (permalink)
Vinger
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhawk View Post
okay im at home and i looked at the servo that i am running on the tail here is what it has
MKS DS480 digital servo

.068 sec at 4.8 volts torque is 1.85kg/cm which equals 25.68 oz

the 3500 has a speed of .7 and 27oz
and the futaba is.08 and torque is 28oz

so i am right there with the quality of the servo.

I have put this gyro in my SJM360 with the same servo and a different servo and the Gyro is Locked in so i feel that it is not the gyro. I have also seen a aftermarket tail assembly for this unit but at 59US i have a hard time justifying this when my wife just spent 510 on the whole package which in my opinion is a very expensive piece of plastic that is sitting on my shelf doing nothing until this tail problem is solved . I have just lost all ambition to work on this thing until Align gets there act together and comes out with a fix. I have a trex 500 new in the box but i feel that i might just sell it because so far im not inpressed with the quality of there product. this is not really a good impression of align and the products that they carry.
Don't give up, I am using the stock setup and it holds fine. All I did was fitting chinese weights and cut the tail blades to 37mm.

DON"T sell that TRex500, they are by far the best 500 heli out there, best one in my collection.
Old hand at Planks
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote