View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
crash-alot
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Bob, itís nice to see you doing a vid on a conversion.

I've already built mine, but am still looking forward to your built.

I few things I would like you to cover are:

- Electronics placement and tips on tidy wiring?
- Modifying the canopy using a dremel. Using a high speed cutter or diamond cutter or maybe sanding wheel.
- Optimizing the Centre of Gravity by adjusting the battery / fuel tank. I found the COG change quite a bit as the fuel load decreases.
- I also found that the exhaust smoke / oil can be a problem especially while breaking the engine in. It can literally cover the frame and skids with oil. So beware of electronics placed on the side of the muffler. Any tips there?
- The bottom bracket needs a hole cut in so you can read the back plate temperature.
- Best servo for throttle? I've used the Hitec 5245MG and had to use spacers so the servo does not clash with the elevator linkage.
- How best to setup the throttle linkage
- Demonstrate to us the optimum timing belt tension.
- OS 37 engine break-in. Starting point for low end and high-end needle settings.

I'm sure Bob will check out our 500 Nitro photos posted in the RCDN 500 Nitro Conversion section for tips!!
crash-alot is offline        Reply With Quote