View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location
Default Outrage Velocity 50 Build Videos!

OK another one on the plate and this one I am very excited about!

I saw this fly at the Lexington Kentucky funfly and Tony Whiteside who was unknown at the time and is now a rock star, was flying one and holy crap! I wanted one!

This is the newest 50 on the market and I watched over this year Charlie (rotorworkz Charlie) put a hell of a lot of time and effort into this design. I have a feeling it's going to rock and it's been a while since I have flown something designed by Charlie so I am looking forward to it!

Also folks..... Helidirect has come a long way haven't they? Remember them from 4 years ago when I first did a build video for them? Well as you can see they have become a MAJOR player in our heli hobby! There is no doubt they now run a quality shop and I think have stepped up with customer support beyond what other companies provide? Tell me if I am wrong here? I mean Greg Alderman who I have known for a long time is helping people! So you have guys with a lot of heli knowledge providing support. Again if I am all wet here tell me but I don't think I am!

OK so enough of the fan fare! Lets have some freakin fun and get on with it

First up...... What's in the box!

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - What's in the box! (56 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Head Build Part 1 (111 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Head Build Part 2 (99 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Frames Part 1, Right Frame Side (88 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Frames Part 2, Right Frame Side Cont. (52 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Frames Part 3, Fuel Tank, Elevator Arm. (63 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Frames Part 4, Left Frame Side and Mating the frames (56 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Swash Bell Crank Assembly (50 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Servo Installation (33 Megs)

OK here is servo setup. I am using the Airtronics SD-10G radio on this build so if you have some other radio the principles are all the same and see other CCPM setups I have done for different radios.
VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Servo Setup (61 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Servo Link Rod Setup (70 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Head and Main Gear install. Note also some head discussion! (43 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Head Setup using the AT SD-10G but I talk about other radios too (78 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Tail case and Tail Slider Assembly (54 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Tail Rotor Assmebly (42 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Torque Tube Assembly (50 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Final Tail Assmebly (40 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Clutch, Fan and Motor Install and adjustment (76 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Tail System and Tail Servo Setup (91 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Throttle Servo Setup (36 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Electronics Placement (32 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Boom Supports, Bottom Plate, and Landing Gear (42 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - RJX Pipe Build Overview and Installation (39 Megs)

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Fuel Plumbing and Final Build Comments (29 Megs)

Maiden flight report.... CRAP I crashed it first real flight! DAMN IT.... I had a few hovers, tuning, gov setup stuff, had did some basic stuff and then went to really fly it and near the end of the tank when I rolled it over to make a low inverted pass I freakin dumb thumbed it. I was having an issue with how elevator reacted on this heli as it was pitching on me. I am sure it was the blades or something I was using but when I went to fly it inverted the nose pitched up on me and I corrected OK but because I panicked, I gave the wrong pitch and put it in inverted tail first My fault completely!

Anyway I figured I would show the carnage and a crash report... It's one TOUGH heli considering how bad I went in to be honest. So here is the video... Sorry guys but I tell it like it is and show the good with the bad including my screwing it ups!

VIDEO -> Velocity 50 - Maiden Report - Sorry I crashed (80 Megs)

Trust I will fix it and do a follow up!

Bob

Last edited by Jason Cole; 01-23-2020 at 09:42 AM..
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote