View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Slick

Default 3 Questions about the BCPP (Gyro, Brushless, Glitching)

OK, I finally got my bcpp set up with the recommended brushless set up in the manual and the optional gyro.

I now have a couple of questions.

1. I can’t figure out the gyro settings. I use the knob on the Tx and that helps. I turn it to the point where it will do the quick back and forth thing and then ease it off. This works well for that. My question is when I first start to power up the motor the tail will spin at full to the Right (head of the heli moves right) until I push the stick to the Left, then it will stop. Not sure why it does that. The really big problem I have is it is always creeping to the Right. I have to keep the stick almost always 20 – 25% Left to keep the heli orientated. Is there a setting on the gyro that I can use to stop this?

2. Glitching. I crash more from glitching then anything else (well now that I got a new tail motor that is hehe ). Just today I crashed because at about 4 to 5 feet in the air the heli lost power for a sec then regained the power and the tail could not hold it and I could not adjust in time and it went down. Since I only hover at this time, this seems to be my biggest problem with flying. Is there something I should look for that might help with the glitching? Lol, I am going to upgrade to a new heli in the upcoming months and I am thinking of getting the Spektrum DX7 and the Micro Rx (coming out in mid Dec). I know this is over kill but I am really getting drawn into this stuff. It is tough to stop!

3. Ok, this might be a bit off my original tipic but. I am thinking of going the brushless tail route (assuming I get a new Tx). If I do what would I need? Just the ESC and the brushless tail? I already have all the brushless and ESC for the main motor. If so, how does the ESC tail stop the anti rotation force from the main motors? Is it just the adjustments that would be made from the movement that the gyro detects? If so, wouldn’t it constantly be adjusting and do that back forth thing all the time?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
-Craig
Slick is offline        Reply With Quote