View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #67 (permalink)
Tahoe Ed
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I thought that I would give an update on my HC Rigid on my 700E. I tried to maiden it tonight and it cost me a set of blades. I am using a JR 9503 and had the pilot switch set up on the right side lever. I thought that I could adjust the gain until I found what I liked and then set it on a switch. This may have not been the right decision. I have attached my HC set up file for your consideration. Here is what I got flight wise before the crash. The initial spool up was very unsteady. It looked like the HC was having difficulty stabilizing it while still on the ground. I was in Position mode at the time. I brought the rpm down and reset the HC to Horizontal mode with 80% gain. I got it up in the air but the tail was drifting left and required continuous correction. The heli was not stable at all. I thought that I need to reduce the gain and I dropped it to about 65% and tried to take off again. This time it dipped to the right and I could not catch it quick enough. Split both blades. I want to like this unit and I think with time and programing it right I will but right now, I am ready to take it off and put my SK720 back on. I have attached my setup file and pics on the location of my components. I would appreciate any help. Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	700E HC Rigid Receiver Connection Top.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	167719   Click image for larger version

Name:	700E HC Rigid Receiver Connection.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	167720   Click image for larger version

Name:	700E HC Rigid Sensor Mount.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	167721  
Attached Files
File Type: zip 700E Setup 7-3-10.hcc.zip (1.5 KB, 166 views)
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote