Thread: Gyro Delay 101
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
airjawed
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
I have watched all the videos i know of Finless explains how to set it up but nothing about gain or delay, its a HK401B ( Futaba 401 clone)

just wanted to know what you meant by the very first post you said turn the delay all way up. but where should the gain in the radio be? yes it had a remote wire you use gear or gyro sens menu to set the gain
In your case I would set the delay to about half of max. Then you slowly increase the gain until you see the tail not give when you do a straight collective punch. Of course you would also not want to see any wag. This is the gain part of the adjustment. You aren't testing the pyro's or stop quality.

The next step is to adjust the delay. The way a piro comes to a stop is the easiest way to adjust delay. So now you would do a piro and see how it stops. Too much delay and the stops are mushy. Too little and the stops are overdone and that is a bounce back. Something that I used back when I had the 401 was to take the difference in speed between the 9254 and your servo. Dial in this into the delay knob.

Otherwise slowly bring the delay closer to zero and keep testing the way the piro stops. The stops should become more and more crisp without any bounce back.

Hope this helps.