View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 06:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
airjawed
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
dze

Hope no offence taking but I can't quite understand all your verbiage and phrasing there so its kinda hard to get what it is your saying but if you read in the first post, I have replaced everything that I could think of relating to this so everything is new and as tight as can be.

The first thing I replaced was then entire rear tail assembly, this includes the housing, bearings, shaft, slider and all linkage parts and arms.

I then suspected my Gyro and installed a brand new GY520.

Then I found an intermittent bad connection in my 9257's lead wire so I replaced that servo.

Note on those last two, I used to setup my helo with the servo's position for center but full travel statically in non HH, but via many recommendations, including Futaba stating the GY520 needs center servo in flight, I went to that mode by adjusting the servo position on the boom with center trim (and radio end points and subtrim) for hover no drift flight, then switched back to HH. Then as the 520 allows variable travel adjustments to either direction, I set it up for full travel in both directions using the Futaba link and software and adjusted the travel till I got a buzz from it bottoming out, then back that off till it just stopped.

Lastly I replaced the belt and then the belt gear drive assembly.

Before I did this though I tested the drive assembly's belt hub by marking it an looking for any slippage, to which there was none anyway.

Lastly to list I am currently running a separate CC BEC and with the Castle software have confirmed it is set to 6V to which note that the 9257 is a 4.8 V an I am using the Align .7V stepdown.

In regards to this, I won't get into the whole world of voltage vers load but just note that the 9257 is what Futaba states is the best servo to use with the 520 and for everyone that does use that and runs 6V, this is the typical step-down that gets used that I have read.

So again, everything that could be gone over and replaced has been done so and all including any linkage movements is working correctly.

Then just to answer others, I was using a setting of the Gyro gain at 15 this Sunday and the blow out was its most minimum but as well the Helo was a real dog and its punch outs were no where near as powerfully as they would need to be to do any 3D stuff safely. I bumped that up to 20 when I got home and did some light testing in the backyard to which it seems like that may be enough but the blowout is more now.

I want to give that setting a test at the field and see if that is a good setting and if not maybe I'll try something between 15 and 20.

But just to note, it really is my desire nto to lower this as this basically is canceling out the whole reason for going with a 40C pack. If having less punch by crankgin down the gain till I don't get a blowout was the key, I might as well have gone with a 30C.

As far as the Gyro gain that is set to 40% in the radio and I have tried it lower and it has no effect on the blowout so I have gone back to 40.

To answer one last question, no I have not tried a new oneway bearing but in all inspections it does not seem bad but I'll get a new one an try it just for the heck of it.

At any rate hopefully that answers all question respectfully.
When you say blowout are you saying that the tail moves a lot...maybe a 45-90 degree turn? We need to be on the same page on what the heli is actually doing. To me a blowout is when the tail moves out of line and stays out there something like 45 degrees at the minimum....and sometimes if it is real bad it'll do a complete piro unintentionally!! This all usually happens when you do a full collective move. Anyway can you describe the 'blowout' better?

Does your headspeed drop when you do a move?

Do you have vibes...vibes will make heli drift which may seem like a blowout sometimes.

How much pitch do you have at the tailblades? Ideally 45 degrees against torque and 35 with torque but a little less is fine as well.