View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
nute53
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Canuck View Post
nute... I have a new set of landing gear on its way from clubheli ... as amp would say ... "I AUGERED IT MAN!!" LOL!!!

I'm not going to mention the parts that broked due to my own stupidity when I used the wrong screw on a feathering shaft because I was so determined to fly my 125CP that day....

1. Foam Main Blades - (LHS, eBay) - HeliMax/Walkera/? - Can usually survive minor crashes with scotch tape applied to tips before flight. Seem consistent.
2. Main Shaft - (LHS) - HeliMax - Only bent one so far and have had many crashes on them without damage.
3. Feathering Shaft - (LHS) - HeliMax - Only bent one so far (same day as main shaft) and never had a problem yet.
4. Skid - (LHS) - HeliMax - Broke my second set just the other day in a mishap. Have the new V3 skid coming form ClubHeli.
5. Tail Gear - (LHS) - HeliMax - these little gears don't stand a chance. I replaced mine with Wolfgangs and applied tail clutch mod. Haven't had a problem since.
6. Servo Gear - (TomZ) - Walkera - I broke a tooth on one of the gears in my aileron servo. My own fault and not in a crash.

That's all I can think of .... like I said ..... I've done well.
Z-12 gear I got was also from Clubheli,but I don't blame Rick on that one.At the time a couple months ago,I don't think the dealers even knew how bad the quality was on that first generation "improved" gear. Mine was beefed up,& best of all had a wider stance which I liked,but it snapped like a pretzel on the second landing,& after repairing,other side leg broke easily soon after. Plastic was junk.Seems like old style gear has worked out best for me-& I think is lighter.
Have been using the tailgear clutch mod (mentioned many times by various forum posts) & have it up in the 4#6 section. It has worked great-only regret is I waited so long to apply it-could have saved buying 6-7 gear sets :o
nute53 is offline        Reply With Quote