View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
MrMel
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for those words.

Well, 500+ more restarts of the radio I think I have a clear picture.

The new satellites that comes from AR8000 does not suffer same fate as the older ones.

DSM2 sending in 2 channels, so with a R921 (2 internal receivers and 2 satellites max) same signal is sent to two of the satellites, if this was a pure TX issue the same effect should be identical on two satellites, its not.

if I restart enough time, to get a bad signal it seems that the decoder inside the satellites get screwed up.

But, with the new Satellite from the AR8000 now connected to a R921 and rebound, has zero packet loss.

See picture;
(last line is a good connection and how it should look like, the other suffer severe packet loss)

To why this is happening, I do not know, Proximity, Interference, bad luck I do not know, I do know that it has happened in the field for people, it happens regardless of what system you are running (VBar, TotalG etc).

But it must be the decoder/transformer in the satellites, as when it's really bad, its always ONE out of two packages that's missing, problem is, when its ALL second packages, its total loss of control, due to how 2048 is transmitted.

i do not know if Spektrum can upgrade older satellites.

I also did above test with both R921 and AR8000 bound at same time running in parallel, while I managed to get total loss of connection on the R921 the AR8000 never missed a beat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	badSignal.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	191430