View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
johnsma22
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
Mine still binds if I put ANY torque on the screw that has the brass bushing. Maybe I'm clueless or just have bad luck but I've always had trouble with that slider design. I just ordered a Microheli version that says it replaces all the bushing with bearings, but it hasn't arrived yet. I've had bad experiences with Microheli's stuff but I decided to give them another try because I have so much trouble with the bushings. I'll report back when I get the Microheli part.

http://www.microheli.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1637
I hope that MicroHeli tail slider works better for you than it did for me. I had to return the POS because the hole in the slider bearing, that the tail shaft inserts into, was just a hair too big. This caused extreme binding! I returned it. The KDE links that I got did the same thing when I first got them. They would bind if I tightened them too much. Then I tried to overtighten them and then backed them off. After doing that they seemed to "seat" or something. Then I was able to tighten the screws down with no binding. I really don't know what happened, but they've been fine for months and dozens of flights now with no binding at all.
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote