View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
noviceclass
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default thanks - happy holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanManley
It's a pain till you do it a few times.

Power it up. Hold both (LEFT) + and (RIGHT) - buttons down for a few (3-5) seconds, let up the LEFT (-) button first, then the Right. That puts you in the setup menu.
It should ask how many cells. Press the RIGHT button to cycle thru all the cell count till you get to the one yours is. I think it goes up to 12. Then press the LEFT button ONE time.
Now is the Type battery screen. Again RIGHT button to cycle thru. Don't get LiPo and LiIo mixed up. (they're one after another) Then press the LEFT button again and you'll be in the capacity menu.
AGAIN cycle the RIGHT button to go up thru them. It does not have odd numbers like 1320 or 2100. I just use the one directly lower. Haven't used it enough to see if it's setting are hurting my charges. OK, that is the last menu.
After setting the capacity press the LEFT button again and it goes to the default menu ready to charge.

I think I got the menu in the right orders but mainly thats the only ones I see on mine.
Also... it cycles thru to the end EACH time you do the LEFT button and you can't go back. It get to the end and goes to that normal menu (like after you PWR up). You have to hold both buttons EACH time you want to get in the setup menu. YEAH it's a pain

To program the #2 charge port you have to hold both buttons down and the Hook up the power to the charger. Then you let up on the buttons and follow thru like the rest of the menu for charge port #2.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to ya.

BTW...If anyone see's where I messed up let us know. My charger is finiky about some things and I'm not totally sure I'm doing it right. Sometimes it charges ok and other times is comes up with a fault warning #7 "Wrong cell count". :?
Motor:AstroFlight 803T, 13 tooth pinion; Receiver: Futaba R146iP PCM;Servos: Hitec HS-56 servos; Tail Servo: Futaba S9650; Gyro:Futaba GY401; Antennaean's one-piece whip antenna, 72Mhz
noviceclass is offline        Reply With Quote