View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 02:41 AM   #40 (permalink)
redbird300
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen1953 View Post
hi Raf,

Well
I have built my 6s discharger,, and it sort if works.. I have a few questions..
1. my batts usually start off with about 4.15v average per cell when fully charged
2. after flying for my 5m30s , I land and they are at about 3.8V average..
3. so what voltage should I set the cell-log -discharger at... ??

is it ok to just leave the batteries at the 3.8V level till my next charge.... which is in fact very close to the recommended "storage" level ??

I guess the discharger can be used to take a fully charged battery to the 3.8v storage level if you know you will definitley not be using them for in the next 7 days or more ?

btw.. for some reason, the discharger will not automatically start -- no matter which way I set the cell-log alarm -- either NO or NC ,,,
I have the resistive load across the "NO" contacts, and unless I short the +ve alarm wire to the -ve pole, the relay wont trip... its as if the ALM port is not working.. !!
any ideas ??
Yes Chris, anywhere between 3.7 and almost 4 Volts will be OK. That's exactly what I do: fly and let the batteries sit there until the next charge, without doing anything with them. The discharger is indeed only ment to discharge full packs. Set the Cell-Log at around 3.8 - 3.85 Volts in that case, but as said, this isn't critical at all.

I don't know if I understand your problem completely, but start by checking the wiring, andf next ALL the settings in the Cell-Log: there are menus to set values and how it should operate, but also a menu to simply activate it ! Sounds like it is not active ? So please tell me all the settings, refer to the manual, some menus are hard to find. Don't mess with the alarm wires, the alarm output is not protected, and can be blown up, ask me about it, lol. If that doesn't help, get back and we will check a few more things.

Oh, and we want some pics, or I will refuse to help you any further !