View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
kickbackkid
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I will reply as a former SR owner. I wanted to start with the Blade 400, but the LHS worker talked me into the SR. The SR will have some shortcomings, but can teach you hovering, forward flight, and some aerobatics. When I went to the 450 Sport, it was such a difference! What a smooth flying machine. You can tame them down just like the SR if you want. The 450 will make an excellent trainer. Now, I never came from a fixed pitch, but there is a big learning curve for collective pitch. You can buy a 450 Sport or Pro for only $200 dollars more than the SR and it will last you a lifetime. I know a couple of people who have bought 450 size clones and have been perfectly happy with them. You will get a lot of different answers here, but if you start slowly with Radds training and strap some training gear on, you can conquer the 450. One other thing, I highly recommend you find somebody who already knows heli's and how to set them up. They can help you set up your radio and heli to make it so much easier. Lean on other people who have already traveled the road before you. Good luck!
kickbackkid is offline        Reply With Quote