View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 05:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Patriek
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I thought that this thread used to be a sticky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc863 View Post
3. Hover above ground effect tail in and get it sitting at a spot (you can do this in a steady wind), then smoothly rotate 90 degrees to the right without any other input. Does the heli start un-commanded forward flight? If so you need some swash rotation. On a heli with rear elevator servo and front cyclic servos, using the control panel, go to "swash rotation" and rotate the swash 2 degrees by turning the control wheel in the direction the heli moved. Eg, if it moves right, turn it right so it indicates 2 degrees. No need for reboot, just remove the panel and take off again and do the same thing. Is it worse, or better or even reversed? Remembering where you are from 0 (now +2 degrees), either add or subtract more. Within ~5 degrees you should find you can piro on the spot from a stable hover to any compass position without any un-commanded flight. Getting this right is the difference between a great flying machine ("like a sim!") and a sloppy one. The auto-trim flight also does this adjustment but do you ever have a real windless day? I prefer to do it manually. If phasing isn't right a slow piro while hover will nod the heli (and if you stop at the nod it will start forward or reverse flight). Even if mechanically phasing looks perfect, can you spot a 3 degree error? I can't.
Anyway - a question regarding rotating swash direction.

T-rex 600ESP (front ELE, rear AIL), when turning the machine 90 degrees to the right, its wants to veer off to the back/ left a bit. So should I turn the swash 3 dgrees or so to the left? Is that correct? A bit confused since the ELE/ AIL is reversed from what the author explained.

(I cannot bring a laptop to the field so, please try to explain why and which way one should rotate the swash in a direction)

-Patriek
Patriek is offline        Reply With Quote