View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
joe1l
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Swash Expert Pitch/Elev/Ail Calibration is a MUST!!!

I think i found a big one!!!

I have been playing with the Ail/Ele expert menus and have been having alot of good luck making little tweaks to things like control feel etc to give me an even better flying heli. I was using the swash setting table in the very back of CGY750 instruction manual(pg118 -120) as a reference guide when I realized that on the very next page (p121) were instructions how to calibrate pitch, ail and elevator movement. Since the wind was blowing quite hard and the wife wasnt home from work i figured i'd give it a try. I had remembered seeing a post on RR with some videos from Heliguychris that went over some of this but since i didnt notice any issues during flight i didnt think it was necessary to do. i gave it a try and it turned out i had some minor interaction. The directions in the book probably would of lead me to make no changes had i not seen Heliguychris's video first and knew how to spot the interaction. Anyhow i made the changes and the end result was fantastic. The heli feels much more precise. I think this is the step that is needed if you want to remove some of the negative flybar tendencies that many of the long term vbar and other FBL users have pointed out as being something they didnt like about the 750. One thing I had felt that my X5 vbar had over my CGY750 X5 was how precise it felt and how it felt more point and shoot. Now my CGY750 feels just as precise. I cant understand why the directions dont highlight this better but really for anyone setting up their 750, i suggest taking the time and doing this. It took me 15min at most. If you havent watched the video be sure to watch it first then follow the direction as it will make much more sense.