View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #183 (permalink)
Knight Flight
Registered Users

Default Head Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomanmel View Post
Guys we did have some tolerance issues with the Rear bearings in some of the early models. We found that we had to have our Lathe in a climate controlled environment..
If you tightened the crank shaft down it would put some pressure on the rear bearing causing the rear bearing to fail.
If any of you have this problem please send it in we will supply you with a new crank case. You can send in the engine or just the crank we will get it back to you within 2 days.
The address is on our site.
http://www.kmeengines.com/Contact_Us.php
Thanks guys
Well this sure sheds some light on the problem I've had with my KME 60. I noticed some preload on the bearings when I initially bolted up the fan hub. But she has been an absolute MONSTER this winter when the temps were in the freezing range.

It's been running so hot this summer I had to pull it, and I noticed it was still tight. It must actually be causing the engine to run hot with the higher ambients. I couldn't get her to run cool no matter how much I richened the mixture. Thanks for the heads-up Jerome! I'll be sending you a crankcase.

Jay
Knight Flight is offline        Reply With Quote