Thread: V400D02 servos
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Dave S
Registered Users

I, too, prefer bolts and nuts, but I gotta second what Blayd said about the wire solution. I only have one V400 (so far... sigh), and I've worked on putting it through hell. I went to the wire installation of EXI servos a little while back, and they consistently survive. I managed to put mine on the roof yesterday, and head in... managed to fly it back behind me and got disoriented... a little help from the wind, but mostly the pilot. Anyway, snapped the tail motor holder, split the canopy (in several places), broke a skid pipe (Super Skid at that!), delaminated one blade (I wonder if it's OK to CA it back together, it's not far apart... we'll see), and I got lucky that the motor slid forward, so there were just a few gear teeth roughed up but still OK. Also, the Rx mount was bent at a jaunty 45º angle. BUT, the servos are totally fine!!!

So, I dunno, but I think the wire attachments, while obviously quite secure, might confer some flexibility in a crash. Anyway, it's off to the bench after I write this, and while there's stuff to fix/replace, I have the parts and a strong sense of relief that I don't have to replace any servos... the rest seems much easier!