View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
JesseChunn
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Maiden of the Outrage G5, and NO CRASH!!!

"I DIDN'T CRASH IT!!! I DIDN'T CRASH IT!!!" (that is a direct quote).

Don't watch this if you are looking for some great piloting. The fact that I was able to get this heli into the air, keep it there for a couple of minutes, and land it on the landing pad (a 3x4 plywood) is a testiment to the stability of this heli (and maybe, just maybe, a little credit goes to my building skills . That's what I choose to believe anyway).

Something is still not right with the gyro. At 0:33 (and then several more times after that) you can hear a slight "flutter". That is me trying to go nose left, and the gyro starts wagging quickly (about 2 inches side to side) and feels like it is fighting me. I have the gain set really low... maybe too low, but the tail was holding dead on. Still some tuning to do I guess.

Anyway, nothing impressive, unless you have seen me fly before, in which case you'll be impressed that no part of the heli touched the ground other than the skids, and it came home in one piece .

Outrage G5, Tarot 450 Pro, Raptor G2, Blade MCPX
JesseChunn is offline        Reply With Quote