View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #42 (permalink)
breathe rc
Registered Users

My 2 cents. I agree, and disagree with a lot being said. I to, have been one of those people scammed by Paypal. I had sold an item on eBay. Seller received it, claimed it wasn't as described, and supposedly shipped it back. I never received the package, post office didn't know what happened to the package, and because this person provided a tracking number that said it was delivered, they debited my account for the refund. I was out of the money, and the product. For this reason I started going unverified. This worked good for me until they started putting holds on funds received from eBay sells. Now I sell something on eBay, I have to pay for shipping, ship the item, and wait a for the buyer to receive it and leave positive feedback, or 3 days after buyer has received it. I sell to make money, not to waste time.

IMO, I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to work out PP fees with a seller or buyer. Sometimes, just to be able to sell an item you have to take a loss, so I believe in minimal loss. I am guilty of offering 2 prices, a full price, and a gifted price. But that is on items that are already priced way too low, and im taking a hit on. That gives you the option to go for protection, or save money. I am an honest seller and buyer, so I don't have any problems with it. I think like everything else in life, you should have the right to a decision, but also be prepared to accept the consequences if you make a bad decision.
In the end, I can trust PayPal as much as I can trust those offering gifted payment. If its between them losing money, or you losing money, guess what, you will be the loser.

Happy buying, and buy with caution.
9K4O
breathe rc is offline        Reply With Quote