View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
johnnycat500
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

" Houston we have a problem " The last flight was the latest video from yesterday. I wanted to play with the throttle curves so when I tried to spin it up the motor was going but the blades not.Thank goodness that it did not do that in the air. The 3 set screws that go on the ms were still tight. So the only thing it could be was the ms snapped where the hole is for the stock bolt to go thru for the main gear. This motor has some torque.The stock pro ms is about a 1/4 inch longer than a 450 se ms. I think the fix is to move the motor up about 1/4 inch to get past the hole in the bottom of the shaft.There is room to do that. When turning down the pro ms to 4mm weakens the ms because of that hole. HH's frame will be ok for fp because we are using the black angel ms, that does not have that hole to weaken the ms. ATC's frame I just cut will have to be the same.This weekend I will mod the cnc file and tear down my cp version to try the new frame.Oh the joys of building a heli from scratch. I love doing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6355 1200x1384.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	277980  
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote