View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
courtney2018
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Definitely change out the BEC. The Align one is junk. They always fail...and the most bad time too. I've run the CC Pro BEC without any issues. I have it on both my 700Es. I do hear that they too have the tendency to fail, but I've never had a problem with them. Just make sure you get a newer one. Those tend to have a better record. Actually, I haven't heard of a single one of the newer ones failing.

I was thinking that it would be too slow. The way the ratios are set up on that heli it's supposed to be. I don't know if you can change where some of the links bolt in or not. If so you can change the ratios to quicken it up, but it may still be too slow after that. You can give it a try and see. The blades and paddles will quicken it up, but you'd see more if you can change the ratios instead and keep what you have. The horizontal stabilizer does nothing but help keep it stable in fast forward flight. If you're not doing that it's pretty much useless and does nothing.

EDIT: I went back and re-read your original posts. The F3C heli is a flybar and has nothing to do with the Align 3GX flybarless system. The heli you got was designed for FAI F3C style competition. So, lots of hovering and fast forward flight with basic forward aerobatics. If you are wanting to do more sport flying and mild to wild 3D then you can try changing the ratios on the head to make the response quicker. I did see a pic on helidirect's website of that heli and you can change the ratios on the head.

If that isn't enough then change out the entire head for a regular 700E flybar head. I would say save your money on the motor and blades, but still get a different BEC. Use the motor and blades that you have now and try the ratio change on the head first. If that doesn't work then do a head change. You can either remove the horizontal stabilizer entirely or put a regular 700 horizontal fin on it.