View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #83 (permalink)
rtisticstnman
Registered Users

Default Oldman mSR

New to the hobby oh about a year or more and now addicted, thanks to all who have posted to many of the noobies questions, a lot of mine have been asked and answered so far. Thanks to all of you who are wso willing to share your knowledge. They say information is power...well the power to fly these heli's certainly applies.

From Dyer, TN small town in West TN without any LHS but since I travel in my work I have the opportunity to visit some so that is a good thing.

Started off with a joke on me 2 Christmas's ago, wife and I Christmas shopping and out of the blue bought my son a micro heli and told her we could have fun with this, well she later bought me a micro too. Let the fun begin. I got into it terribly. Just so happens the anniversary comes up right after Christmas. Your right went to the closest hobby shop and after doing alot of reading bought the mSR oh boy....found a hobby shop going out of business bought a Blade 400 3d. Built a test stand for that with only learning to hoover, right...Put it back in the box, aint ready for that bird yet. Put it all up for about 6 months, then you know what happened next.

Found another hobby shop near by in KY and sure enough this LHS owner spent a little time with me, what fors, what ifs, why nots ...heli load of information, and the best advice he gave me I took...Phoenix on an old laptop, actually let me bring the laptop to the store he loaded his disc set the program up to make sure it would run, it did, I bought the sim, love it.

Back to the mSR, bought carrying case for mSR/Dx6i/charger/spare parts/etc. Now I carry it with me when I travel. Actually enjoy discecting this little bird when I read the post on here to see if I have the same issues and all that stuff that goes with flying them.
Having a ball, the wife enjoys it too, keeps me outa her hair, well that is until I start flying it around the house, I keep telling her to trust me, I can land it on top of her laptop...trust me...

Thanks to everyone for all your input, so enjoy this site.

Kenny
rtisticstnman is offline        Reply With Quote