View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #68 (permalink)
redbird300
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
Oh, ok. I wasn't following this thread from the beginning, I found it when it already reach 60 pages, so I don't read any sentence on this long thread.
Why most cw main blade heli has ccw tail? Not because of the design of the tail drive gear but any effect between the downward thrust from main blade oppose to the tail rotation?
I did make my Gaui 255 spin cw, because of the problem with the belt touching the pinion. It flies well, only sport flying. I don't feel any difference in handling.
This heli is really tempting. I am not sure if I like your building thread or start to hate you.
The quality looks so amazing.
I also wondered if a tailrotor running down in the main blade wash would be just as effective as one that’s running upwards. I personally can’t feel the difference, but that doesn’t mean much. What convinced me is that you never hear any stories about the tail of a TDR being inaccurate or so, and I’m pretty sure that Jan Henseleit would have designed it otherwise or would have changed it if there were any issues.

Don’t worry about the hate thing, I hate myself also for getting a TDR, it totally resets your standards and my other helis start to become a little dusty.