View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
mtuccio
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Hi.
One tip to all. Use quality FBL blades. The 450x is powerful.
The blades are an important part of the FBL system. The wrong type/CG could really cause issues. The stock blades are carefully matched.

Have fun,
David
David,

No disrespect was intended in my post and I will explain why I didn't fly the blades that came with the kits:
  • I'm in NY state and the weather is such that the skys are grey right now so the black blades have a tendency to disappear.
  • The field that I'm flying at right now is a harvested Corn field which is very dark in color and again the blades tend to disappear closer to the ground.
  • The surrounding of the field are mountains which are dark grey in color and again make the blades disappear.
This being said I would like to comment to the others that read this:
  • The stock blades are very well matched as David has described. Mine were within a 0.1 grams in weight and the CG of both blades was spot on.
  • The stock blades are a true 325mm blade measuring from hole to tip where the Aligns that I was flying are a 315mm Blade.
In regards to your comment on "The 450x is powerful"
  • The 450 X is OK on power it has some decent puch but not "powerful" as you have stated. I understand that our definitions of this could be different but when I think of powerful in a 450 I tend to think about the Scorpion 2221-8 or the Align 450MX. These motors are powerful and not even in the same category as the 440 motor supplied on the 450 X.
  • The headspeed is much better than the B400 that I had sometime ago but also still not that high in todays 450 market. I typically run 3200-3600rpm on my 450 heads today and I'm certain that the 450 X is not getting to this. Can you tell me what the headspeed of the 450 X is at 0 degrees pitch and at the extremes running just a flat 100% throttle curve? Also, can you give me the calculated calculated draws under these conditions? (I planned on putting a tach on it today but the weather doesn't look like it is going to cooperate right now.)
Just wanted to clear this up and please let me know on the headspeed and current draws...

PS - I've been flying the BeastX controller since the v2 was released and have tons of experience with it on machines ranging from 250 to 700+ in size. I understand exactly what settings and pot positions need to change from when I change blades from Align, Edge, and CY's so I think I could say that I'm qualified when it comes to this. I just wanted you personally to understand my level of understanding in regards to this....I didn't know exactly how to read into what you above but I meant no disrrespect by changing the baldes over to Align.....Peace

Last edited by mtuccio; 03-04-2012 at 10:51 AM..
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote