View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #46 (permalink)
mtuccio
Registered Users

+1 on what M says in this post. If you don't have knowledge on the BeastX and understand how the dial settings effect the helicopter performance I recommend that you stick with the stock blades. Many people on the forum have been using the BeastX for quite a while so we understand how the pots interact with the helicopter. If you don't understand this then I don't recommend that you just start changing blades around on this machine. It flies great out of the box and I plan on putting the stock blades back on it once I can dress them up to get the visibility I need for my flying area....

Hope this helps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikelG View Post
Hi everyone,

I am very excited to hear that people are enjoying their Blade 450 X. I am very happy with the performance that it offers.

I just wanted to make a few comments...

Be careful when choosing your blades. There ARE differences between blades that can and will affect the performance of the AR7200BX. I noticed that the Align blades are 18 gr. This is on the light side and I'm willing to bet that their lead angle is aggressive. This does not mean that these blades won't work on the Blade 450 X, BUT you will need and should adjust a few things on the AR7200BX. When dealing with blades that are very light and aggressive, you will probably have to reduce dial 1 to avoid oscillations and 'overshoot'. Consequently, if you reduce dial 1, you may need to adjust dial 2 to maintain the feel (which way, depends on the blades).

M
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote