View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
corrosionate
Registered Users

I usd to be nervous with my 450's when i considered them to be my "big" helis. Then i got my 550. On first flight iwas terrified. I spun it up and shut it down 3 times before i had the nerve to keep it spinning and try for a lift off. after my first successful 550 flight, my 450 felt like a toy. 5 minutes after my first 550 flight, i took my 450 and did my first ever stall turns, and by the end of that battery pack i had performed my first front flips, and sideways flips (like a stationary roll). I was no longer nervous with a 450. I continued to be nervous each time i flew the 550 until i spun up my 600. Now the 550 doesnt freak me out at all and my 600 is a big scary monster. I think that the only cure is to get a bigger heli each time! But dont upgrade too quickly, enjoy the adrenaline rush as much as you can. Gotta keep life exciting! After a few intense heli flights, i like to fly airplanes to relax.

Good luck, and be safe with your new monster, youre going to love it. I think if i could only have one heli, it would either be my 550, or my Protos 500. I cant Decide.
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote