Thread: KDE motor?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
haq0901
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hndaluvr View Post
I also fly the 700XF in my Whiplash... It's worth every penny!

My only issue with the 500 motor is... 1450kV???... really?!
They only have an offering for the old ESP T500. The new EFL is the heli that they should be focusing on, most people with ESPs are upgrading to the new EFL spec.
ESP spec motors and the like are working in flooded market, while there is currently only Scorpion that makes a motor with a kV that will work on the EFL, KDE would have been smart to offer this motor for the new bird... I would buy one if they did.
Sales will be limited (especially with it's elevated price) for the 1450kV. They need a 1600kV version to spark interest in all of us that have the latest-greatest from Align.
I don't understand why you can't run this motor in an EFL..... I've been running mine without any problems for a few months. I only replaced the helical gear train with straight cut gears to be able to gear it down to achieve more power. Lack of helical gears from aligns latest and greatest leaves me no choice for a desired gear ratio. Personally I prefer the motor with less KV that makes more power with less rpm(more torque and efficiency).... Even scorpion says that their 1400kv motor makes more power than the 1600kv.