View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Scallybert
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
the dx8 in question was bought 6/1/11 and i had checked it against the recalls and it was not on the list. i did notice one other time that on the elevator and aileron they would sometimes read 3 or 4 and jump around on the monitor screen but then go back to 0

tried to update(to recalibrate) but i could never get the spek site to accept the sn, it always said it was wrong even though i know it was right. just figured out on the new dx8 that you can copy the sn to the sd card, open the file and copy and paste the sn at the spk registration site, worked 1st time! the new dx8 is all updated.

just a good lesson that another preflight check should be the monitor screen on a dx8, i know i will be doing it every time.
Yes - at the start of each session, I check the monitor while moving the sticks.

A problem with some (early ?) DX8s was with the wires to the rudder & aileron pots. These wires get moved by throttle/elev input, and you could see funny things happening. This seems to be related to the connector at the pot end.

One of my DX8s went off for repair, and came back with the rudder pot connector bypassed (soldered), and the aileron pot connector glued in at the pot end. Both still unplug at the board end, so it doesn't compromise future maintenance.

IMO it's a good radio at a good price - but (like anything electro-mechanical) needs periodic checks.
Scallybert is offline        Reply With Quote